Some things haven't changed

By Jonathan - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - Denmark

Today, my mom banned me from watching The Simpsons and Family Guy because apparently, they're part of "the Devil's plan to corrupt God's children." FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 502
You deserved it 10 166

Top comments

seraphxchild 3

Just show her the Jesus episode of Family guy, she'll give in.

That's like saying you can't drink anything but holy-water FYL

Comments

Now op, don't take this as a negative! You are a child of God and she is only trying to protect you from the evil world of devilish corruption that is modern television!(:

I'm a child of... my parents? oh praise the Lordy Lordy! Amen! Amen! Don't let the evilness corrupt your soul! ahaha XD

gamrgrl 0

as long as your responsible of what you watch, it shouldn't matter what you watch. even if your a Christian or not

That reminded me of a Beavis and Butt-head episode...

lol you sound like one of the psycho Mormons that give us a bad name

sweetiffany 0

Are you a child? if you are, then maybe you shouldn't watch those shows... They aren't really made for kids. At least I know Family Guy isn't.

Simpsons isn't really all that bad. It's rated TV-PG. It is really your basic 9:00 sitcom except animated.

That's ridiculous. My parents didn't like me watching Family Guy of The Simpsons when I was younger either. But not because it was the devils plan to corrupt god's children, just because it was "inappropriate."

persianjr1 7

me to. either your mom is way overprotective or you are just to young.

SirEBC 7

yeah me to when my mom told me I can watch the Simpsons with her I was like what I thought I wasn't allowed to watch that

Yeah I'm still younger, but I'm mature enough and I know what they're talking about on the shows. I meant like 11, or 12.

yeah it kinda is inappropriate for 11 and 12 year olds...my parents were the same way..

Yeah, back then I didn't know what a lot of what they said meant, but I'd still laugh. Haha.

Well, looks like ima rape another on of "God's Children" That's right sweetie, I'm talking about you :)

Excuse me? You better not be talking to me.

lol yeah I would laugh because everyone else did :)

Same here! Then later, I'd call one of my older cousins and ask them what something meant, lol.

Same here! Then later, I'd call one of my older cousins and ask them what something meant, lol.

persianjr1 7

I myself was allowed to watch The Simpsons with supervision, but not Family Guy. When I got older and watched Family Guy, I didn't care for it all that much.

Some people are just crazy with religion like that. I have a friend who plays cello in orchestra and when I told her I was atheist, she went on a rant about how I'm going to hell unless I give myself over to Jesus. Then I checked out the church she went to and they **** with your mind and are pretty much a cult.

I found out that about a fourth of my school goes to that church

DoorMatCat 3

So, she plays cello in an orchestra, eh?

skyttlz 32

My church is brainwashing I mostly go to hang with friends.

ifailplzinsultme 0

There are too many Christians like that. I'm a Christian but I hate it when some people say someone else is going to hell.

I don't know why religious people try to convince Atheists that they're going to Hell, when it's clearly a place they don't believe in.

Heyyyy, whattya know, all religions are like that. That's the definition of religion, a cult that ***** with your head.

I believe in God and all, but I don't agree with half of the things the preachers tell us in church. It's not up to any of them to decide who is or isn't going to hell.

DoorMatCat 3

I'm watching family guy right now. sucks to be you. D:

How bout growing a pair and watching it anyways?

In our house "Married with children" got banned, that Al Bundy character is apparently a awful man, but it just made me watch it more.

jeannicole 0

I wasn't allowed to watch those either as a kid. XD However, now that I can watch them, I see that they're stupid, so I don't watch them anyway. :P And like #37 said, I wasn't allowed to watch Married With Children, either. Or Roseanne. I liked shows like Maury when I was a kid, but wasn't allowed to watch those, either. lol. Gotta love being an adult. :)