Some things haven't changed

By Jonathan - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - Denmark

Today, my mom banned me from watching The Simpsons and Family Guy because apparently, they're part of "the Devil's plan to corrupt God's children." FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 502
You deserved it 10 166

Top comments

seraphxchild 3

Just show her the Jesus episode of Family guy, she'll give in.

That's like saying you can't drink anything but holy-water FYL

Comments

That's not exactly the end of the world...

Yes, but "Today, it's the end of the world. FML" would get old pretty quickly, no?

PLEASE publish FML's that say that in 2012 :P

BlackOpsPWNR 0

no, a real FML would be " Today, I lost my virginity... to my brother. fml"

dudeitsdanny 9

I was tempted to post one like that.. Considering how many people are panicking in California about this weekend, I found it suitable. But I didn't think it'd get posted, still don't. Maybe I'll submit it anywhere.

#38, ur a f*cking retard for hating these shows.

so someone is retarded because they don't like the same things as you? foolish statement there.

I was raised by my grandparents. And that's exactly what she told me too, growing up!

It's okay, Family Guy is trash anyway. However, The Simpsons is hardly "the devil's work". Even so, you can always start watching Futurama and American Dad/The Cleveland Brown Show. The latter two are basically carbon copies of Family Guy, you know. When she gets pissy, remind her that it's neither Family Guy or The Simpsons, technically.

She will likely proceed to add them to the list of banned shows. Just my guess.

Wow, Denmark generally doesn't conjure up images of Bible thumpers but I guess they exist everywhere.

You're right - Denmark has one of the highest rates of atheists/agnostics in the world, but it still has an Evangelical Lutheran church as its state religion, and it's not unreasonable that there could be hard-core religious people there as there are everywhere.

Shadow_Phantom 26

*sigh* Another person to add to the list of people who need to be locked up in a mental institute...

Well, I'll admit that while I think those shows are both completely retarded, I wouldn't go THAT far. See what blind faith makes? Idiots.... I grow weary of morons who can't think for themselves.

Heh. And every thought you've ever had has been completely unique. Naturally.

It's not a matter of every thought being completely unique. It's a matter of know that you have that thought because it is your own thought rather than being your mouth specifically expressing the thoughts of others. There are so many people who will blindly follow people, spouting off whatever those people say without any thought as to whether it is right or not. That may not be the case with the OP's mother, and I'm not jumping to the conclusion that it is but it does happen, a lot.

Very well, Chibi. I agree with that, and if Flash was indeed referring to a train of thought such as yours, then I extend my humble apologies. The people to whom you referred are, indeed, irritating.

I just want to apologize really quick for the obvious grammar and punctuation mistakes in my comment. The medication I'm on makes me a bit loopy and it messes up my thought process and typing abilities sometimes.

holymolybro 0

Well, if you're religious, I'm sure those shows are quite annoying.

Not necessarily. I know many religious people who like it.

CaptainPickles72 18

More like if your religious and can't take a joke, then they would be annoying.

there is some creepy big woman watching you in the background of your picture

You should make her sit through all seven Saw movies every time she says that. She'll stop eventually ;)

CaptainPickles72 18

I say go dude's mommy, The Simpson and Family Guy sucks. (only the new episodes, the old episodes of both still rule)