Sneaky

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - Canada - Owen Sound

Today, I caught my dad sneaking a drink of whiskey outside, shortly before my wedding. I asked if he was seriously getting drunk at a time like this. He looked at me and scoffed, "It's the only way I'm gonna get through this stupid shit." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 995
You deserved it 5 048

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's rude. A dad should be more mindful and respectful, ESPECIALLY at a time like this.

Do the same thing if your invited to his anniversary

Comments

I will assume you're being satirical or a Devil's Advocate to suggest the dad's likely idiotic pathetic defense of his actions. Good job, though the sexism from absolutely nowhere was unnecessary.

You should've kicked him out of the church or wherever this happened. That's not a time to say something like that.

thats awful! what a thing to say to someone on their wedding day, parents are there to support you not put you down!

Well he's in an uncomfortable situation. Just be glad he came. Others don't get that. And if it gets him to calm down and shut up then let him.

Weddings in general suck. If he wasn't visibly drunk or acting obnoxious, then I don't see the problem. I'd probably do the same thing. I really hate attending weddings. They're usually so long and drawn out, and a lot of the other people in attendance are annoying as shit. A drink or two can go a long way in helping you get through all the b.s.

Badkarma4u 17

Man people love to make assumptions. He took a drink. He didnt turn up a bottle. Some people take a drink now and then to calm nerves..

The fact that you chastised him for taking a drink tells me he probably has a point. Unless he was being obnoxious you need to chill out.

Why is everyone such a ****** on this website, how do you even know if it was a joke or not, I mean I see my self a pc but these people are just over the top honestly

well I hope the wedding went off without a hitch

squarecircles 13

Maybe he meant nothing personal and just doesn't like formal/social gatherings?