Smooth

By firstdategonebad - 12/10/2012 18:43 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I went on a coffee date with the man I've been in love with for a while. Before I knew what was going on, he'd started chatting up a pretty girl sitting nearby. I had to drink my coffee alone while he got her number. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 947
You deserved it 2 576

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unknown_user5566 26

You didn't stand up for yourself? I'm not saying he has to like you back, but shit... he could at least be respectful.

Comments

I want to know how it is you love him. How can you love someone you've never been with

42- I completely agree with you, I've never understood this whole concept of loving someone you barely even know. I've come across many girls in my life, who claim that they're madly in love with a guy that they've barely even spoken to or spent time with in their entire existence, the most they've ever done is lustfully stare at the guy from a distance yet they claim they love him..? To me "personally" (before people start to bite my head off) I don't think you can class that as love but merely lust and attraction which IF given the chance MAY or MAY NOT lead to real love .

It is a coffee date. Doesn't mean she has never been around him or only admired from afar. I do coffee dates with my friends and my boyfriend. It's just a label.

Maybe you are really not putting yourself out there and getting any attention at all.

Karma is a beautiful bitch :) hopefully the girl does the same thing.

just act like u guys r just friends only

Seeing how coffee is expensive, I definitely am glad to see that you didn't make him wear it, however, I would have left and probably keyed his car. But, that's just me. haha

There are so many of these "I've been in love with this person forever" FMLs they should have their own category...