Smooth

By firstdategonebad - 12/10/2012 18:43 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I went on a coffee date with the man I've been in love with for a while. Before I knew what was going on, he'd started chatting up a pretty girl sitting nearby. I had to drink my coffee alone while he got her number. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 947
You deserved it 2 576

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unknown_user5566 26

You didn't stand up for yourself? I'm not saying he has to like you back, but shit... he could at least be respectful.

Comments

olpally 32

What an asshat... Glad you know now what kind of guy he is... Move on!

Quest_ 13

**** that shit. I would have left. Just be glad you found out what he is so early on. At best, completely socially inept and clueless. At worst, plain disrespectful and rude.

How can you love him if from what I presume you have never even been with him? This is one thing that really bugs me about people on FML.

So you have to be someone's SO before you can love them? No you don't. You have to know them, but you don't have to actually be with them in a relationship.

You do need to have some sort of relationship before you can say it's love. Friendship is also a relationship. OP made it sound like this was the first time they had ever spent time together in which case, no, I highly doubt it's love. If you know someone tangenitally or from brief interactions at work or school, it's a crush. You're building a person in your head that may be far from the actual personality. Lust does not equal love.

did he even say it was a date? or was it more like casual coffee? If he said it was a date, that's rude and you should have left. If you assumed it was a date, you might want to make it clear next time that it's a date.

unknown_user5566 26

Oddly enough, I owe my marriage to a date similar to this one. The night I met my husband, I was hanging out with his brothers (who I met a few years prior to this). He had just gotten back from a bad date during which the girl spent most of the night talking to other men; when she got back to the bar, she laid her head down. My husband asked her "Wow, you seem tired. Need a pillow?", and then she slapped him. He then came by the house, met me, and we lived happily ever after. :)

Haha awwww! This is cute! (: see, hang in there OP. This could be a blessing in disguise.

Minx108 12

That's so sweet, you being there to uplift his evening. :) The slap seems way out of line, unless there's an insinuation I'm missing :p

Today is your day to thank whatever Deity you hold sacred that your rebound romance has worked so far. As I know, my rebound kicked me in the head.(8 year fiasco) good luck

Ribit 9

I wonder how you define being "in love." If you can't be honest with him then I wouldn't define it as love. More like wishful thinking IMHO.

I would of made a scene at least he would respect you if you slapped his face.

You should of thrown your hot coffee in his lap and said "I just read on the Internet that it is a proven remedy for herpes, anything is worth a shot." and walked away.