Smooth

By firstdategonebad - 12/10/2012 18:43 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I went on a coffee date with the man I've been in love with for a while. Before I knew what was going on, he'd started chatting up a pretty girl sitting nearby. I had to drink my coffee alone while he got her number. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 947
You deserved it 2 576

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unknown_user5566 26

You didn't stand up for yourself? I'm not saying he has to like you back, but shit... he could at least be respectful.

Comments

SarahPilko 5

Even if it wasn't a date, it is still kind of disrespectful to be flirting with someone when you are expecting their company, otherwise what is the point of having a coffee together? I suppose that the OP and her "date" were probably catching up, like a meeting having a coffee. This is not like being in a nightclub.

I'm. With Alex and Kylee on this- your douche date has zero class. Ge flirted with and spotted on someone else, while out with you? Inexcusable. You should've said something - to him, to the other girl (a warning), and then walked out. **** him, not your life.

They are in Canada, so it's most likely at Timmies. They make boiling hot coffee, perfect for throwing at douche-bags like this person.

Next time just throw the hot coffee at him and leave

OP, you're accepting the love you think you deserve. If you think fighting for this date's love is worth it then go for it. But honestly, you deserve better than a guy flirting with strangers just because they're "pretty". Think long & hard before going on another date with guy.

jarockstar27 10

Did he just see you as a friend and you misread his intentions for going for coffee? I dunno thats quite a jerky thing he did and you deserve better than that.

Ever hear of "Mad Money?" It was money girls would keep on them in case their date did something stupid and they needed to get home themselves. It was common for a reason. Nowadays a woman should always be able to get herself home for any reason. That was one reason.