Shame! Shame! Shame!

By Clive81 - 17/02/2015 20:02 - United States - Alpharetta

Today, I went to my son's school soccer game. Unfortunately, I couldn't get excited about it because my idiot son kept diving the moment anyone so much as breathed on him. It eventually earned him a penalty shot that won him the game. I was so ashamed, I snuck out to avoid being seen with him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 407
You deserved it 10 298

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, your son has a future in the professionals

If his little, it sounds pretty adorable; if he's older, he's a strategic asshole.

Comments

Sign him up for the swimming and diving team

Not everyone is meant to play sports. Maybe he could try a different activity or a different sport that's more individualized, such as track.

Or he could learn about good sportsmanship and stop diving all over the place.

AnyaS 19

Oh, Bobby. That boy ain't right I tell ya whut.

You should be ashamed, but of yourself. Just because you're into soccer doesnt mean he has to be. Stop living vicariously through your son.

How the hell did you come to that conclusion?

Yeah, #17 there's nothing about what you said that is relevant to the post..

I can sorta see where 17's coming from. If OP's son is diving all over the place for no reason, it sounds like the game doesn't mean that much to him, whereas to OP it clearly does. And if OP is willing to call the son an idiot over it and have such an extreme reaction to a game, it kinda makes it seem like soccer is more important to the OP than the son.

My brother did that when he was little. Every time someone even looked at him wrong he feel acting like he got hurt. Now he has full scholarships. Don't worry too much.

Look at the bright side, he can make a place for himself in the ever competitive world!

As a professional victim? Not very competitive, methinks.

Professional victim describes many soccer players.

150493x 29

Practice makes perfect. It might help him build more confidence during games. If he doesn't seem to enjoy it more then maybe try something different. Everyone's got to start somewhere!

themadpeterson 10

Call him out on it. If he owns up to it, explain why it's a bad thing to do. If he lies, make him do drills to improve his balance that will annoy the shit out of him.

Your son won the game and you're ashamed to be seen with him? He should be ashamed to have such an asshole parent.