Shame! Shame! Shame!

By Clive81 - 17/02/2015 20:02 - United States - Alpharetta

Today, I went to my son's school soccer game. Unfortunately, I couldn't get excited about it because my idiot son kept diving the moment anyone so much as breathed on him. It eventually earned him a penalty shot that won him the game. I was so ashamed, I snuck out to avoid being seen with him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 407
You deserved it 10 298

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, your son has a future in the professionals

If his little, it sounds pretty adorable; if he's older, he's a strategic asshole.

Comments

Badkarma4u 17

Welcone to soccer. I got in trouble for trying to be a tough guy and not taking dives. Its part of the game. Be proud if he was halfway believable

if you ain't cheatin' you ain't Tryin? And don't worry too much, dives are easy to spot - I played in a rec league this past summer where the sidelines kept bursting into full applause when one of the guys kept taking dives. just make sure to coach him to roll around in pain holding the wrong leg after. . .

Ashamed of your kid? You could've taught him better. Shame on you.

That is considered a game well played in the professional league

It's a shame that this is all people see from professionals on TV, so they think it's the way to play

I'm sorry but I don't care if you're american but as a Brit it is my duty to tell you that it is 'football' not 'soccer'. Tell your son that it's the winning that counts and it doesn't matter what he dies to get there.

The people in this comment section are a bunch of assholes...Every comment saying he shouldn't call his son an idiot and that the kid's just being a kid is thumbed way down. You guys need to grow up. And so does the OP.

It sounds like your son doesn't like playing soccer. Did you force him into it just because you like it?

I don't think I get it. He was diving a lot, and that eventually lead to him getting the winning shot of the game? If that's correct, then why would OP be embarrassed? I'm really sorry, I'd appreciate it a lot if someone could explain.

LuckBeNimble 19

As a former soccer player, there was nothing more annoying than an opposing player diving and acting hurt just to get the ball. Most of the time, they couldn't get the ball on their own, so they did this to get a foul and the ball handed to them.

Thanks so much! I'm not well informed on soccer, most unfortunately. Thank you! :)

Well He Won? Sorry, I don't understand soccer much.