Shame! Shame! Shame!

By Clive81 - 17/02/2015 20:02 - United States - Alpharetta

Today, I went to my son's school soccer game. Unfortunately, I couldn't get excited about it because my idiot son kept diving the moment anyone so much as breathed on him. It eventually earned him a penalty shot that won him the game. I was so ashamed, I snuck out to avoid being seen with him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 407
You deserved it 10 298

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, your son has a future in the professionals

If his little, it sounds pretty adorable; if he's older, he's a strategic asshole.

Comments

If he is under 10 you sir are a dick. Otherwise I would be the same way!

sahmnc420 13

Sounds like someone needs a lesson in sportsmanship

metalcrazed 21

Poor kid,My dad used to say things like that about me constantly,I haven't talked to him in ten years. Just because he isn't good at sports is no reason to put him down. I spent nearly every moment with him dreading his next insult. Finally,I just didn't feel much of anything at all until I escaped. Parenting is about love not pain.

There's supporting, then there's babying. You didn't get support, even though you put forth an effort. OP's kid, on the other hand, was trying for the easy way out by faking injuries and taking an unfair advantage of a technicality. Shame on the child.

Hell Yeah!!! I 'll take that any day over screwing up and losing it for the team, he sounds like a winner.

You aren't being supportive. Plus he won the game. How old is your son?

His father still shouldn't have snuck out on his son he should teach him better

Op ,how would you feel when your family member sneaks out as they dont want to be seen with you. What is worse here is you are not even ashamed you did it and you are going to tell your child that he was so terrible that he made you do this.YDI for being unsupporting parent

TomeDr 24

Try TEACHING him instead of being ashamed of him. That advice, by the way, applies to more than just soccer.

Shame on you. as kid I couldn't be more happy when my parents showed up and cheered me on. it doesn't matter if he is good or not he is your child. help him and make him better.

JayVicious 20

i think it is being downvoted because OP's child was taking dives....which means he was faking injuries so the other team would have ti give them the ball...which is cheating. i get supporting your kid n all but you shouldnt encourage that.

hmrhoades 18

Do you really care THAT much about what other people think? He is your son and you shouldn't be calling him an idiot. Instead, you should try talking to him about the problem and show him that you'll always be there for him. If he is doing his best, you shouldn't really expect more from him.