Safe bet

By Hit-and-Run - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - Mexico - Juárez

Today, after an extensive talk with a relationship counselor, we concluded that I'm more likely to get run over by a car than be in a stable relationship. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 349
You deserved it 3 274

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wildsweetchild 19

No matter what anybody says or thinks, you are the one who creates the life for yourself and if you fully commit to something you truly want...everything is possible!

Comments

soccergurrll 8

That's disappointing! Sorry OP, maybe you will prove him wrong!

There is a city called Chihuahua in Mexico?!

22- there's a whole damn province called Chihuahua. (the city of chihuahua being in the middle) Your mind=blown. *puts rain poncho on to avoid flying grey matter*

wildsweetchild 19

No matter what anybody says or thinks, you are the one who creates the life for yourself and if you fully commit to something you truly want...everything is possible!

BlackBlazeCobra 16

It's time to turn the tables and prove them wrong. Good luck OP, I have faith in you!

I highly doubt that their therapist said anything like this. It is likely that the OP said it and the therapist failed to get them to reflect on it and challenge it. This may be due to the type of therapy that they were getting, or a bad therapist. Anyway OP try and rationalise this thought. You should definitely take this belief to your next therapy session.

If you keep taking the counsellors words seriously and shut your self out it'll do you no good. A few bad relations does not mean you're doomed for life!~ Good luck OP

whiteboy896 9

You'll find that person one day OP, have patience.

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right" OP if you don't believe in yourself and what perseverance in a relationship can achieve, you don't stand a chance! Don't worry :) you'll find the right person and make it work, there's someone for everyone

Ahhh yes someone for everyone. The Cinderella myth!

citymayer 7

There are billions of people in this world and you still have a hard time believing that there's someone for everyone? Are you limiting that someone to only one person or something? And Cinderella was a poor servant that married a prince. Rags to riches is not the same as true love. Get your fairy tales straight.

stay strong OP, you'll meet someone eventually. in the mean time enjoy your life while you can

saIty 17

I'm sure you had a nice long relationship with your hand.

He cheated on righty with lefty now neither wants him....