Road rage

By Broke - 28/05/2012 09:38 - Australia - Melbourne

Today, while I was waiting to pull out of a parking space, my boyfriend decided it would be funny to put the car into reverse instead of drive while I was waiting for traffic to clear. I don't think the people who own the car behind me were laughing. Nor is my now ex-boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 091
You deserved it 3 401

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Good thing you threw his ass to the curb, like any good fml should end.

Finnick_fml 12

at least you had the sense to dump his immature ass :)

Comments

jaredofmo 22

FINALLY! An FML that does have a bit of someone winning in it. Yeah, the situation sucked, OP, but you did right by dropping his dumb ass.

Boyfriend =/= long term partner. He could be a relatively new boyfriend who she hadn't known for an extremely long time. If so this could've just been a hint at the stupid and dangerous things he would do because he 'thought it would be funny'. Such as covering the bathroom/shower floor in butter. That is not only stupid but potentially deadly.

BubbleGrunge 18

I'm so sick of the "dump him" mentality of people on FML. God forbid you're boyfriends/girlfriend/husbands/wives do something stupid one day. OP if you're boyfriend is always doing stupid things like this, and you're tired of it that's one thing, but people make mistakes. We need to talk about out feelings people, work out our problems. No wonder relationships don't last, no one is willing to make it work.

GeoffreyPjs 2

I'm sorry, but if my boyfriend almost killed me or someone else by pulling a stupid joke like that, I am not going to stick around for him to do something else. He obviously doesn't think things through before doing them. Seriously. Putting the car in reverse while she was driving?? That's just the epitome of idiotic.

BubbleGrunge 18

Right, I agree it was a idiotic move, but never made a stupid mistake? Like I said if its a constant problem, him being stupid, thats one thing, but if hes usually a sweet boyfriend, why would you dump him over one little thing? And please, you're not going to be killed by a little fender bender, let's be dramatic huh?

BubbleGrunge - There's a huge difference between a stupid mistake (like showing up at 8:00 for a date instead of 7:00) and a potentially dangerous, expensive mistake (putting a car into reverse and damaging two cars). That goes way beyond a simple prank and enters into "I'm a careless dumbass who only cares about making myself laugh" territory.

GeoffreyPjs 2

What if there was someone walking behind the car when he happened to do that? Yeah, that would be kind of serious. It's just stupid and careless, what he did. No excuse.

Hey Grunge picture a kid being behind that car when it went into reverse. His decision was not only STUPID it was potentially LIFE THREATENING, and it is going to cost OP a LOT in legal fees, insurance and such! I love my long-term boyfriend, but I would NEVER stay with someone who would endanger multiple people "because it was funny". That is an awful mentality to have.

63, I pull pranks all the time, constantly doing stupid things, the thing that differentiates me from this moron is I know my limits. There is no way in hell he didn't know this could have ended horribly, and that an accident was more likely than not. I'm sorry but if you think this is any way behaviour that a normal person would engage in then you're probably misfiring a few synapses yourself.

what a dick. maybe he should have been UNDER the car, not IN it.

that sounds bad, i hope you have insurance

You deserved it for not checking before you started moving

Who looks down and checks before moving? If I left it in drive before I stopped, there's no reason (except in the case of an idiotic boyfriend) that it should be in another gear.

pavlovaaLOVE 7

Wth.... Who on earth checks before moving Everytime. That's not normal.

I obviously do, hence me saying it. There was me assuming the majority of people had a bit of sense & general safety awareness, I was clearly wrong. You can do a few little checks like that in a nanosecond, if the OP had done so she'd have noticed her boyfriend/ex was being a prick & avoided the accident.

My boyfriend puts my car in neutral sometimes at stop lights to mess with me, but he would never throw it in reverse, that's just cruel.

Putting it in neutral is a lot safer than putting it in drive or reverse, but it's still dangerous. The best policy is not to **** with somebody when they're trying to drive 2 tons of steel and plastic.

how did you not notice him putting it in reverse?

Its probably in between the seats and ops intent on watching the road like she should be

Llamacod 11

I don't remember reading about the fight being on a porch? are you now making up another version of the story? any way if that "child" wouldn't have attacked a man from behind as the man was walking away he(child) would still be alive.