By nah - 09/09/2015 19:55 - United States - San Antonio

Today, I started my period. Every time I try to open a tampon, my dog goes crazy thinking it's one of his treats. Now I have to open them with my hair dryer on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 364
You deserved it 2 939

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Misswildsides 22

Do you let your dog in the bathroom with you when opening one or...?

Dogs like to attack the pussy, I don't blame him

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

she could always use scissors like a smart person. (theyre silent)

37, I do believe you've solved the problem!

#16 it's the same for me with my cats... so excited. I feel like I'm breaking their hearts! But when you think about it it's their fault that they get excited over nothing.

@37 - Most are packed so compact (so they're easier to roll up and throw away) that trying to cut into the packaging will most likely make you cut into the pad.

@73 - ah yes I missed that, but the exact same thing applies. Tampon packaging is just as compact and impossible to cut with scissors without damaging the tampon itself.

What? What tampons are you using? Because the ones I buy could be cut with scissors and/or they have a silent little "tear here" spot on the wrapper.

I tried that on my puppy. It worked until she decided to grow some balls and attack it everytime you use it.

Dogs like to attack the pussy, I don't blame him

demonicninja 15

Maybe do it when your dog isn't around? That really sucks though

Misswildsides 22

Do you let your dog in the bathroom with you when opening one or...?

I have a pitbull, it's either let him tear down the door or the hairdryer method

You could also try training the dog like a good pet owner. All dogs can be trained.

But pit bulls reeeeaaalllllyyyy want their human. Mine is forty pounds and she'll cry if I don't let her sit on my lap when I get home from work. Even if that does mean holding a puppy while peeing.

My family has had a few pitties over the years and they are the biggest babies. They were well trained but if you made them sad they gave these huge pouty faces and would give puppy cries. It's pretty ridiculous seeing this big dog on his back crying because the belly rubs stopped.

19, if your dog can't handle a simple sit and stay command with distractions in the background, you shouldn't be owning a dog...let alone a dog that already comes with a bad reputation as a dog that was bred to fight

Pit bulls and Staffys apparently used to be referred to as 'Nanny Dogs' in the late 19th Century to the early 20th Century because they protected their owner's children. They're very loyal, protective and loving dogs WHEN they're NOT bred/trained for fighting.

not bred for fighting? nanny dog? I think it's time you do some research....try starting at the ASPCA....

66 you do. #62 is completely right. Ever since I got my pit I've became an advocate for pit bulls. We also have two 20lbs dogs and they're 10 x meaner than he is. They've growled and bite people. My pit has never growled or had bitten anyone. He was raised around children. If he sees a kid he starts to cry cause he wants to run to them to meet/play with them. He even runs to check on a child if he hears one yell. The only thing that is hard to train him on is to get him to sleep at the foot of the bed. He only likes to sleep between my boyfriend and I, he thinks we'll leave if he doesn't have a paw or his head touching us. Any dog can be mad to be mean if that's how you let him. If our house got robbed my pit would be excited cause there will be a human to pet or keep him company.

direct quote from the ASPCA. "Todays’s pit bull is a descendant of the original English bull-baiting dog—a dog that was bred to bite and hold bulls, bears and other large animals around the face and head. When baiting large animals was outlawed in the 1800s, people turned instead to fighting their dogs against each other. These larger, slower bull-baiting dogs were crossed with smaller, quicker terriers to produce a more agile and athletic dog for fighting other dogs."

why are you changing your tampon in front of your dog?

I took it as she was in the bathroom and the dog was on the other side of the dog, and heard it being opened rather than her changing in front of him. Hence the hair dryer to cover the sound of it.

Actually give him one. I bet he won't want anymore.

Depends at which point it's given to him.

In case the dog ate level 1 without giving a shit, time for level 2.

ShannonBitt 29

My dogs wouldn't mind. They'd try to eat it and at least tear it apart.

my dog eats my sisters dirty pads, and takes cat poop from the class litter box, scatters them around the house then eats most of them, leaving just enough for us to have to clean up, we've tried training him, all it does is make him do it when we're not looking

That's hilarious. Mine goes crazy when I get cheese out for anything. she's only had medicine in it once.

I gave my grandmother's old dog her meds in buttered bread. when she'd be hurting and time for her meds she would stair at the bread on the counter, to her it was what made her feel better. I still think of that dog when I make butter bread.