Red flag

By katwingz - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Fairfield

Today, after being together for only two weeks, my boyfriend got me a year's gym membership for my birthday, in a card that said, "So u can b hott! Luv u!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 295
You deserved it 6 333

Top comments

So I take it you will be getting him spelling lessons?

Comments

MexicanGinger 5

At least he wants you to be healthy (:

dr_snow_bear 29

Get him a **** movie with the note "So U can b single" ? Keep the membership.

beanthemouse 13

Why is everyone trying to sugarcoat this guy? All guys should know by this day and age that a gym pass is the LAST thing you could ever give to a girl! "But he wants her healthy!" Um, he is only dating her for 2 weeks. He knows nothing about her health, and its her business, not his. If he wanted her to be healthy, he could go walking or running with her. As for gifts, a credit card to a beauty salon would have been better. "I would of loved that gift!" Thats your taste. not hers. You cannot just go YDI beacuse she disliked somthing YOU would of liked? "Its an expensive gift!" If it was expensive, why did he buy it? He has only been dating her for 2 weeks. Most guys would of gotten a simple but sweet teddy bear worth $2 (since they do not know eachother very well, why buy somthing expensive? He could regret spending as much as $200 for a girl he knows for only 2 weeks) he must have been really serious about it. "he loves her inner beauty, he just wanted her pretty!" *faceplam* "she should get off her lazy ass and do some exercise!" Your really defending the guy who WROTE down "so U can B hot" on paper? Writing the full sentance would of taken NO time at all. Who is the lazy one here? "what if he ment well?" If he did, and it did not pass his mind it would be offensive, then its all okay. They would make up, she would use the gym pass, and he would have learnt to think before anything. Beacuse, you know, guys do not understand us, right? ;) If I offend anyone, it was unintentional and sorry.

afallingstar 22

There are 3 issues here: 1. why is he with her if he doesn't think she's hot? 2. who says I love you after 2 weeks? 3. why is he using text speak? is he a 12 year old girl? My advice to OP get hot and kick his ass to the curb...all at his cost.

Dumping him and keeping the present which caused her to dump him would make her even worse than him.

You should give him a book aswell and dictionary, to help him with his spelling problem...

sammyjanette 17

Aren't guys always complaining about girls trying to change them? Then why are some of you sticking up for what is the exact same behavior only in reversed roles?

beanthemouse 13

I will never try to change a guy. Not all girls are like that. Even if he has the most strangest fetish ever, if he respects me for my flaws and tastes, I will with him :)

squideth 18

82 yay for lumping all women together like we have a hive mind and all act exactly the same! Sane, mature women won't pull shit like that. Get a grip.

sammyjanette 17

Maybe you both should reread my comment as you've completely missed what I was saying. Many men (not all) complain about girls trying to change them, but if you read some of these comments they're saying that maybe she should take the gm membership and change. Why is it acceptable in one case and not the other?

shakethat 10

Hey gym memberships are expensive! Why don't you appreciate the money he spent after only 2 weeks and that he's willing to date you before you get sexy. ;)

crazytwinsmom 25

She's probably already hot, just not his ideal, which is his problem not hers. A hot male trainer is definitely in order.

Year memberships are expensive, op should stop being so ungrateful and take the hint