Read the room

By pissed girlfriend - 25/02/2013 03:08 - United States - Celina

Spicy
Today, at my grandpa's funeral, my boyfriend texted me while sitting right beside me, asking if we could have sex when the "family get together" was finally over. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 101
You deserved it 5 621

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's when you sarcastically respond "Why wait? Let's just share the coffin with him, you piece of shit." And get up to go sit with a grieving family member.

WrongRomance 11

That's awfully insensitive. Why do either of you have your phones out at a funeral? Comfort some of your family, or get comforted if you're that upset.

Comments

Quest_ 13

Asking at a family members funeral? Not polite. Or classy.

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

Ya I agree^ It's like he doesn't even care about her as a person, he just wants to get laid. He just wasn't acting considerate of her feelings whatsoever.

Sarcasm people, sarcasm. Either that or 1 is a legit retard.

#1 > because what was the other option? Force himself on her? The guy is an insensitive idiot.

Wow, don't joke here guys, people take it way too seriously

Sex lifts moods. He's just trying to help brighten your day.

Yeah sorry if the corpse of her late grandfather and the ranks of grieving family are putting a downer on sexytime.

It's rare a person will want to have sex right after attending their relative's funeral. I think I would have slapped him if my boyfriend ever tried to do something like that, after the funeral was over, of course.

In my experience, people want to have sex after funerals. Life affirming and all that.

I wonder if she though "Sex after a funeral,Good or bad?"

I've heard the opposite. Some people have the inappropriate desire for physical contact--and sometimes sex--after a funeral. But it was pretty classless of her boyfriend to text her like that, and it would have been classless to mention it right at the funeral. Come to think of it, it would have been classless no matter what he texted. If you're at a funeral, turn your mobiles off.

What's sadder than a funeral is that you all took me seriously.

WrongRomance 11

That's awfully insensitive. Why do either of you have your phones out at a funeral? Comfort some of your family, or get comforted if you're that upset.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Time and place for everything. Just because he's there with her and asked doesn't mean she HAS to cut him some slack and do what he wants.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

according to your nickname he did the right thing

I'd be afraid my grandfathers ghost would watch D:

WrongRomance 11

Actually, all I said was that her boyfriend was being insensitive. I don't personally think that qualifies as childish. If you think about it, (depending on what part of the funeral this took place during) it could be very disrespectful to have your phone out. Especially if it was during the ceremony itself. OP's boyfriend could have certainly at least waited until they left the funeral to ask, and even then it could have been a bad time.

I don't think that OP was still overly grieved when at the funeral, note she was checking phone msgs during funeral and still felt the need to access FML first thing after being pissed by her bf's seemingly indecent proposal. IMLTHO, being prematurely judgmental and calling someone insensitive is uncalled for. OP's bf actually asked to have sex only after the whole family gettogether was over. However I do agree with you that having the phone out during the service is disrespectful.

ranko77 1

You seem awfully defensive #61. Did you ask your girlfriend to have sex in the midst of her families' suffering? Cause if not, I really don't see how anyone could defend her boyfriend in this case. Its insensitive, premature and frankly quite stupid. I would have felt disgusted!

WrongRomance 11

61- I really think you should calm down. You're taking this very personally. Take your opinions of what I said, gather them up, and put them somewhere that they won't be thumbed down for how dramatic they are.

razzledazzle21 23

She never said she saw the message during the funeral. She could have looked at her phone afterwards and realized that her boyfriend had sent it while the funeral was going on.

Just because the FML starts with the word "Today" doesn't mean it actually happened today. All of them start like that. I highly doubt OP ran home from her grandpa's funeral to submit an FML. Stop judging.

That's when you sarcastically respond "Why wait? Let's just share the coffin with him, you piece of shit." And get up to go sit with a grieving family member.

When I first read this FML, I read it that they were at a funeral and grandpa texted OP about having sex. Good job, I know. Anyway your comment made me laugh in light of my mistake.

I think OP's name indicates the obvious answer, don't you? (¬_¬)

I forgive you!................... Psych, just kidding. It happens ;)

I am going to say even though she was pissed she might have said yes still.

You're name is absolutely right. He should more sensitive for the situation. Give it another hour

oj101 33

Boyfriend to OP : U, me, sex l8r ;) OP to boyfreind: I h8 U 4 that xxx

Or you could practice correct grammar.

oj101 33

#18 - That's kind of the point... It's satire. I'm mocking text language in association with our ever accelerating changes in moral values that lead to such situations like OP had.

If you are unaware of the internets, let me help you: 1 RECEN7LY 54w 50ME7h1N' 0n 7EH 819 L4N 7H@ 7eLl2 mEh K0N5uL4r2 w1LL 8E 4we50me. TH3 5h33R 51Gn1f1C4nT 0f M3H K0nV3Y1ng tH15 T0 j00 1N h4x0R2 Cl34rLy 1nd1c4t35 my 5Up3r10r KN0WL3Dg3. r0fl Ph0Rc3 pU5h

At least you accept it. We forgive you. :)

Mourning sex is the best it'll cheer you up OP