Quite the catch

By Ms. Piggy - 02/03/2014 19:09 - United States - Clarksville

Today, I was shopping for dresses when my fiancé turned into what I can only call a groomzilla. He told me and my maid of honor that we need to lose weight because he's not "paying all this money for a pair of fatties to not look good." FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 516
You deserved it 7 526

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The wedding is off, right? Because if he thinks he can just call the two of you "fatties", he's not worth it.

Comments

Azrael9 11

There's no excuse for him to be acting like a complete dick no matter the amount of stress he is under. He has no right to pick on your weight OP.

He actually has that right if she let herself go as soon as he had proposed. Happens a the time. But that's not what he bargained for.

Emily062611 6

Last I checked, you never have a right to "pick on" anyone for their weight. If he wants to have a conversation about it, that's fine. If you think it's okay to berate someone over their weight during such a fun experience, totally out of the blue, then I feel sorry for your future SO.

Sorry, but I've known my husband 9 years and been married to him for 6, and if he said something this awful to me it would be over. That was a terribly cruel thing to say to the woman he is supposed to love and cherish. She is supposed to know that there is always one person who thinks she's beautiful, even when she doesn't feel that way, and he's a failure in that regard.

jaellin 18

You deserve better. Everyone deserves better.

alshygirl 14

My husband was a groomzilla of sorts the closer we got to the wedding. Never called me a fatty though.

olpally 32

Well then, guess who's gonna be a bachelor very soon with that attitude.

I'm just wondering...are you the cruel fiance? You're the only one who doesn't seem totally appalled by this. I drag my husband shopping all the time. No matter how bored or annoyed he is, he would never tell me I look bad. There is literally no way the fiance thought this and didn't realize it was cruel, unless he is a child. They tend to be blatantly honest, no matter what.

if says that now under pressure, it is his true outlook of you

"Today, I went dress shopping with my ex-fiance" There, fixed it for you.

without reading the original it doesnt make sense

There are many ways to ask for things, he needs to accept your metabolism and you need to try to lose weight not because you look bad but because it's healthy.There shouldn't be a wedding until he changes his attitude sweetheart

kate_themediocre 6

Because that's a logical reaction.