Quite the catch

By Ms. Piggy - 02/03/2014 19:09 - United States - Clarksville

Today, I was shopping for dresses when my fiancé turned into what I can only call a groomzilla. He told me and my maid of honor that we need to lose weight because he's not "paying all this money for a pair of fatties to not look good." FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 516
You deserved it 7 526

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The wedding is off, right? Because if he thinks he can just call the two of you "fatties", he's not worth it.

Comments

It happens when reasonable people are involved. You don't see that much online.

While its an extremely rude thing to say, and if this wasn't out of character for him she should rethink before she marries him, ending a 9 year relationship over being called fat doesn't sound very realistic. Sounds like you're exaggerating a bit.

Elisabetha Aarron 18

What about ending a relationship because your partner disrespected you and your friends because they superficial, insensitive and can't communicate properly without using insults

I would have called off the wedding right then and there. How dare he call his BRIDE TO BE fat and tell her she doesn't look good? Wtf kind of hormones got into him that he got into such a hissy fit over that in such a way.

Weddings are stressful for everyone. That's no excuse for bitchy behavior. How could calling her fat and telling her she doesn't look good be something he didn't "realize" would make her feel bad? You would have to be a moron to not realize that that would make any woman feel bad about herself. He realized it, he was just being a dick. I say she has a serious talk with him and if anything, call off the wedding. No one deserves to marry an inconsiderate jerk.

I understand that he might have been stressed out and irritated, but even under stress there are some things that are still obviously offensive, and some things that are not so obvious. I think this one was obvious. They need a talk.

Just because you've known someone for a long time and have been with them for years doesn't mean that they're the right person for you or that your have to out up with their cruelty. You show the person that you love honor and respect no matter what. Period.

grashopper8 7

Not too late to change your mind. That shit will just get worse

There is NO excuse for that. No matter how much stress he may have been under. I hope you called him out on that one, if not more. Hopefully your friend wasn't too fragile. What a prick!