Quite the catch

By Ms. Piggy - 02/03/2014 19:09 - United States - Clarksville

Today, I was shopping for dresses when my fiancé turned into what I can only call a groomzilla. He told me and my maid of honor that we need to lose weight because he's not "paying all this money for a pair of fatties to not look good." FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 516
You deserved it 7 526

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The wedding is off, right? Because if he thinks he can just call the two of you "fatties", he's not worth it.

Comments

Your better then that! You may be engaged, but your not too late to leave!

Just because women can be worse doesn't mean this one bride was. Going off of what was said in this FML, she wasn't being a bridezilla, and in no way deserved this.

Right, just because women can be worse, doesn't mean they are. The woman wrote this saying she wasn't and therefore she deserves only praise and sympathy. We know that if she performed anything negative she would have said so. It is obviously entirely the fault of the horrible horrible man who did not write this. Everyone should immediately divorce for every randomly isolated incident.

That's fair enough. Have some respect for yourself and put down the fork. I hate when people let themselves go as soon as they are in a committed relationship.

1) How do you know the bride was thinner before she entered the relationship? 2) Even *if* she did gain some weight, does that warrant a cruel, embarrassing public remark? 3) Surely the groom knew exactly how his (hopefully ex-) fianceé's body looked before seeing her in the dress. 4) We have no idea what the bride looks like. (And who's to say that the groom is a paragon of physical fitness?) 5) Anyone who is superficial and mean enough to say such a thing to a loved one is a rampant, unrepentant douchebag.

I was going to say exactly what unlucky Julie said. You don't know anything about this girl or the groom.

Neither do you. She could have put on 200 pounds for all you know.

@133 - In which case he should have expressed concern in a mature manner so as no to offend her. Calling her a fatty would only make it worse and she's more likely to find comfort in food. I.e. "he already thinks I'm fat, I may as well stuff my face"

Even if she did put on 200 pounds (and I count that a very unlikely circumstance), the groom could have shared his concerns with her privately and respectfully. Publicly shaming your soon-to-be wife over her weight is inexcusable, no matter what the situation. Not to mention that, ideally, one should base a relationship on a little more than physical appearances.

Emily062611 6

You hate people who "let themselves go", but it doesn't say she did. Also the maid of honor isn't in a committed relationship with this jerk, so why did she deserve it? If I were you I would stop with the bitchy posts and start hoping you never gain a pound while in a relationship.

Sweet merciful Lord! You're not still marrying this bozo, are you?

sweetestbitcheva 14

That was a bit uncalled for

The worst part of this is that people find it totally acceptable when the bride acts this way. That says something about how we view women. We expect them to act hysterical but when men do it, it's shocking and unacceptable. Like a toddler can throw a fit, but not a grown man. Women aren't toddlers and their stupid behavior shouldn't be put up with or expected.

not true if I was a bridesmaid and the bride talked to me like that the bride would get a rude awakening!!!

Aubrey, that isn't the point. It's how men are treated by society compared to women. Not that there will be a woman that thinks women should be sane, it's that there needs to be one of those women there to expect it or it will go unquestioned. For men, anyone feels comfortable reacting and telling a man to stop being ______.

#153: Don't go generalizing women, dude. There are plenty of women out there who think bridezillas are assholes, too, and shouldn't get away with things they say and do to others, especially their spouses-to-be.

I wouldnt marry someone so disrespectful!! your soon to be husband should think you look beautiful in anything and respect you AND your friend and not say something so rude!!!!!!!!!