Private Freakout

By Roida - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - Australia

Today, my parents had a fight, which is a pretty normal occurrence at our house. But today, they fought over an orange. Dad is now sitting in his bedroom with the aforementioned orange. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 363
You deserved it 2 719

Top comments

blink831forever 13

LOL. Ah. Oranges. So many marriages they have broken up. When will people learn?!

Wow, that's... pretty petty, lol. That must suck, to have them fight over absolutely everything... my parents used to fight a LOT, and I remember how shitty it was to hear them scream at each other. Fyl, yes.

Comments

perdix 29

Nobody else caught the reference to separate bedrooms? Is that normal in Australia? In the US, it's the kiss of death for a marriage.

Separate bedrooms is the only thing that kept my parents together.

caticaticati 3

My parents have had separate bedrooms on and off - my dad snores and it keeps my mom awake. Not all separate bedroom situations are due to fighting. My parents are very much in love - my mom just wants her sleep and my dad respects that. :)

my ex and I fought over stupid shit like that all the time so I can relate. I guess just countdown the days til you can move out

MissGreenT 0

I hate to see the arguement if it had been an apple...FYL indeed

my parents fight about dum stuff all he tome too

a regular occurence? your childhood must have been quite messed up from all of that. and anyway I don't get it, was he in his room because he didn't wanna give the orange away or did your mom "send him to his room"? the latter would be the real fml.

Dad doesn't find mom apealling any more.. so he took the orange into his own hands... Some passionate couples fight over the oddest things just for the make-up sex, but I don't see that happening when they have seperate bedrooms. Which leads me to believe the fight was over something they can't 'discuss' in front of the OP, and the orange was a proxy of opportunity. Wow... that's pretty deep for a FML reply. No more caffine today!

I don't exactly see how this is an FML. That's actually pretty hilarious.

i_got_it 0

It woulda been one thing if it was over the last blunt, or the last dime of meth. But over an orange? Thats completely ridiculous.

That is incredible! I did not know you could get Oranges in Australia.