Posturing

By Anonymous - 05/08/2021 02:01 - Canada

Today, I researched how to manage chronic tailbone pain from excessive sitting. One of the most consistent pieces of advice was to lean forward when working. My posture is already so bad, my chiropractor says I'm one of his worst clients of all time. I work a desk job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 785
You deserved it 148

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe look into getting one of those donut cushions to sit on. Although I never got one when I broke my tailbone (I was a broke college student), they’re supposed to work wonders.

Comments

Maybe don't waste your time and money on pure quackery. Chiropractic is woo.

Idk. One helped me when my lower back was so bad, we thought I had kidney problems.

Maybe look into getting one of those donut cushions to sit on. Although I never got one when I broke my tailbone (I was a broke college student), they’re supposed to work wonders.

Advance 56

Buy a cushion. Some might help (one for hemorrhoids maybe?).

Marcella1016 31

You’re the most efficient chiropractor I’ve ever seen! 😱

Others have said it, but I'll echo it to increase the chances that you listen: get a standing desk. Or heck, get a standing desk and one of those walking treadmills that's designed to go under a standing desk, so you can walk while you're working. The improvement in your quality of life will be dramatic.

“Lean forward” can also just refer to sitting up straight. Many people lean back when sitting so leaning forward doesn’t actually put you “forward” so much as upright.