By Somekindofcaleb - 11/09/2017 01:30

Today, my car died after I got off work at 1am. All of my coworkers had already left and nobody could come out to jump my car. I had to walk the 3 miles home in a torrential downpour. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 921
You deserved it 276

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It must be Uber-annoying that there’s no way you could get a Lyft.

A battery-jumper pack in the trunk is a nice bit of kit to have. They're not too expensive, and they're usually good enough to have one or two attempts to jump-start a car, even the cheap ones. And, while I'm thinking about it, it's probably not an entirely bad idea to get a decent 12 volt powered electric tire inflation pump. A flat spare is just as bad as a blown tire without an ability to air it up.

Comments

Probably doesn't have a plan for either of those, either because of the price or because they never thought they would need one. That said, I'm guessing that money is probably the issue, since otherwise they would have called for a towing truck/pickup and mechanic fees out of their own pockets.

I was thinking the same thing. OP, look into your bank account as well. Depending on the card you have, it may also offer 24/7 roadside assistance services.

Some places don't have Uber. My town just got its first driver about a month or two ago.

It must be Uber-annoying that there’s no way you could get a Lyft.

You mad, bro? The alcoholic bf and toner explosion stories prove otherwise. A good major league batting average is .250, my comments are better than that.

A battery-jumper pack in the trunk is a nice bit of kit to have. They're not too expensive, and they're usually good enough to have one or two attempts to jump-start a car, even the cheap ones. And, while I'm thinking about it, it's probably not an entirely bad idea to get a decent 12 volt powered electric tire inflation pump. A flat spare is just as bad as a blown tire without an ability to air it up.

You can also buy a pump that they use for mountainbike tires. That's what I do they are not to expensive either

Geez, if only someone invented a phone you could take with you.......

chessu 21

I would've honestly just found a sofa in the office to crash on for the night rather than walk three miles in rain. It's a bit ambiguous whether the OP actually called someone and they said no, or he didn't because he didn't want to wake anyone/has no one to wake who would/could come, or didn't have his phone (which would explain the not getting an Uber, though surely for three miles, it wouldn't have been too bad). That said, the office probably has phones, so I'm still going with the short on cash and no one to call option.

Lobby_Bee 17

Can't you call a tow truck to give you a jump? Tow truck operates 24/7.

Were you too shy to call or do your friends suck?

Unless is was really cold why didn't you just sleep in your car