Pissed

By meme71 - 21/02/2011 10:22

Today, I had an hour-long massage, meditated for while and was finally feeling good. Then I had to call an ambulance for my idiot father who had managed to get alcohol poisoning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 482
You deserved it 3 596

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Anyone who says OP is selfish has obviously never lived with someone who has alcoholism. It's extremely stressful, especially when they refuse to admit they have a problem and won't get help. And since OP is the one who had to call the ambulence I'm guessing she's also the one who usually ends up caring for his drunk ass when he's had a few too many. It's completely unfair for the father to put all that responsibility on his child, if anything I'd say he's the selfish one.

So a man walks into a bar... ...his alcoholism is destroying his family.

Comments

supahnazi 0

at first i thot it was saying tht her dad was giving her the message lol

22cute 17

um....maybe not...sounds like Dads doing a good job ruining her life already. Irresponsible alcoholic parents do that, you know. She'd be better off without him, I promise.

Is it just me, or does the first half of this FML seem a bit over done?

everyone here assumes that her dad acts the same as ur dad would with a drinking problem, some people r idiots and u would bitch at the op if she was his wife sister brother or friend. either its his fault. We dont know at all what the op's dad is like he could get arrested all the time for public intoxication and other alchohl related stuff

nickflackafury 0

oh poor you!! your dad has alcohol poisoning...sorry for the inconvenience douche.

Oniat 2

Alcohol poisoning? Idiot father. I had to deal with an alcoholic stepfather for a few years, and talk about stressful. FYL op, because apparently he wanted to reach the all-time high score with booze at his family's expense.

looks like someone (puts on sunglasses) fell down the 12 steps!

she comes off sounding like it was her college roomate getting drunk and ruining her night of partying. if dad is an alcoholic, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! (if he is even an alcoholic.. i know a couple and they dont get alcohol poisoning.. college freshmen do) talk to mom, talk to your siblings, other family members, anyone who cares about him and get him some help. does he realize how his drinking is affecting you? why are you bitching to FML and not addressing this with him? how were you able to achieve your zen like state with your father in this condition? i think thats whats bringing on the chorus of "selfish bitch" chants. that and the lack of background information.

1. No, she doesn't. Have you ever lived with an alcoholic parent? I bet you haven't so you have no idea what it's like. 2. If her dad is the alcoholic, maybe she did try to do something about it. You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. The dad needs to want to get help in order to start changing his life. 3. Just because you know a couple who don't get alcohol poisoning, doesn't mean NO ONE over the age of 25 gets alcohol poisoning. I don't know anyone personally over that age who had alcohol poisoning, but I know damn well it's possible. If you consume too much booze, that's what happens. Those people you know simply don't pass that limit. 4. Maybe he does realize it's affecting his family. But maybe he doesn't care. I've seen that happen. 5. Maybe she had addressed it with him to no avail. She has every right to post on FML if she feels it's an "FML moment". 6. Maybe he was sober for a while and started binge drinking again. Maybe her massage made her forget all her problems. Typically, they're meant to induce relaxation. How do you relax? Forget all your problems for the time being. 7. She isn't a selfish bitch. The father is a selfish asshole because he can't control himself and doesn't care enough to get better. This is evident in the fact that HE KEEPS DRINKING TO THIS POINT.

at #98, youre a total loser for writing such a long ass message. You must be unemployed.

99 - That took me all of two minutes to type. Please tell me how taking two minutes out of my hour of spare time today tells you I don't do anything with my life.

#99 If you think what she wrote is a "long ass message" simply because it's longer than a half-assed sentence or two, then I'd hate to see how long it would take you to write a paper.