People gonna be people

By Anonymous - 13/01/2022 10:59

Today, I had to fix signs to a pond in the public park, stating that the water is not fit for drinking. Yes, this is after someone drank the water, became very sick, and successfully sued us for not having a sign up telling him the pond of mucky brown water with fish in isn’t fresh drinking water. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 329
You deserved it 95

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is an FML for your town and its taxpayers and humanity, in general. For you, the idiocy is job security.

randybryant799 20

The stupidity of the people in this country is appalling.

Comments

to be fair, there is a difference between not drinking water and unfit for human consumption water. and depending on the size of the pond could go either way. water source also matters as do contaminants. I wouldn't think to drink murky pond water with fish and who knows what else from a park. also they knew it was an easy court case to win so they rolled the dice.

This is an FML for your town and its taxpayers and humanity, in general. For you, the idiocy is job security.

To bad common sense is gone, jiardia (sp), anyone?

randybryant799 20

The stupidity of the people in this country is appalling.

kitten79TX 5
Nhayaa2.0 17

And that's one perfect example of why the US are known for their stupid lawsuits. You know that an old lady once put her dog in a microwave to dry and now microwave instructions specify not to put any leaving being in it? Because the dog died, obviously, and she sued the manufacturer. Thank you 'merica.

Grumpy Jack 26

I hate people like that. We live in a world where we cater to the stupid and lazy and those of us with common sense and who actually work get screwed over. Ugh.