Not worth it

By Anonymous - 17/12/2021 20:01

Today, I drove 4 hours to see a girl I’ve been messaging with for months. Her friends came along for everything. I opted to sleep in my car, and go fishing alone. I didn’t know the river was near a nuclear power plant, so I’m probably sterile now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 752
You deserved it 391

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Goodness... go study instead of fishing! There is no nuclear waste in a river near a nuclear plant.

You have only yourself to blame for choosing isolation over hanging out with your crush & her friends. Nothing here says she specified a solo date. Even if she did invite you for romance, she's prudent to make sure you can get along with her friends, & that you're not a threat. Internet chat history does not guarantee safety. The nuclear thing strikes me as a flimsy afterthought. Sperm is only useful with a woman. Women aren't likely to spontaneously cross your path on solo fishing trips.

Comments

I have to wonder exactly how old the girl was. She brought her friends along to make sure she was safe, since you are an unknown quantity- known only through messages. And that raises lots of potential red flags. Nuclear plants are well regulated in this country, being affected by one is the least of the things you have to worry about. I am going to assume you are not a predator looking for an underage hookup, but that thought crosses my mind. If I am wrong and you are that, you have much bigger worries as does the girl… I am going to assume that you are either shy or have trouble competing in the in-person dating scene. At some point you are going to have to try to overcome that because ultimately romantic relationships only really work out in person. Sometimes couples have to be apart for a while and carry on their relationship online or on the phone or whatever. I have been there myself for a few months. But without ever meeting the person you really don’t get to know them and that makes it almost impossible to form a real one to one attachment that will survive meeting in person. By the way, bringing along friends on a date sounds like something a relatively young girl/woman would do. Going fishing because you are frustrated does not sound like something a young man would likely do. It’s just a guess, but I think there was a big age difference between OP and his love interest. And that might explain what happened that OP left out.

The fact you didn't have the balls to tell her friends to **** off is the more reliable indicator that you're sterile.

Goodness... go study instead of fishing! There is no nuclear waste in a river near a nuclear plant.

You have only yourself to blame for choosing isolation over hanging out with your crush & her friends. Nothing here says she specified a solo date. Even if she did invite you for romance, she's prudent to make sure you can get along with her friends, & that you're not a threat. Internet chat history does not guarantee safety. The nuclear thing strikes me as a flimsy afterthought. Sperm is only useful with a woman. Women aren't likely to spontaneously cross your path on solo fishing trips.

diraven 15

Did the fish have 2 eyes or 3?

Nuclear power plants do allow any radiation that can pass by their plant boundaries unless the OP was located by Chernobyl you catch more radiation by flying then sleeping by a exhaust stream by a reactor. Typical plants are have 2 complete systems away from public discharges. 1. Primary cooling system - primary coolant - radioactive primary coolant cycles inside a closed loop to move really hot water around to dump the transfer the heat to the steam generators. 2. Secondary cooling system - take heat from primary coolant and converts to steam to drive steam turbines to make electrical power. 3. Condenser systems - takes waste heat out to the low pressure steam and dumps to the outside environment. Examples are Arizona using Greywater to dump it as moisture or the various nuclear power plants located near large bodies of water to use their waterbodies as heatsinks.

Try to think of it from her perspective - she's a woman meeting a man off the internet for the first time! Bringing her friends along was very much the sensible option for her 🤦‍♀️