Partied out

By kp. - 31/08/2010 12:46 - Australia

Today, it was my boyfriend's birthday. After spending a reasonable amount of cash to get us a nice hotel room to celebrate, he decides he would rather spend the night drinking with his friends. They all threw up in the bath tub before passing out on our bed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 166
You deserved it 4 498

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sallen0046 4

It was his birthday, not yours. He's allowed to spend it any way he so desires. Next time, try checking with the person you're making plans for instead of assuming they want to do what you want to do. It's selfish. It was a hotel, you didn't even have to clean up after them. Next time, get over yourself and just go home if you don't want to participate.

wezzleey 0

So let me get this straight. You're saying FML because your husband wanted to party with his friends on his birthday? You spend time alone with him on anniversaries. Birthdays are meant for family and friends. I understand being bummed. But FML? I deem not worthy.

Comments

This fml is a little ambiguous about who actually spent the money for the hotel room. If she did it without asking him what he wanted to do, then it is kind of her fault, but if they planned the night and the reservation together, it does kind of suck for her...

yeh, i agree with this person. If they had both planned that's what he was going to do for his birhtday, she paid as the gift, both have quiet night in hotel room for his birthday, then it's silly he suddenly changes his mind and FHL. Harsh on her, kinda throwing her b-day present in her face... But if she just did it expecting that's what he wanted, instead of doing the decent thing and asking what he acually was going to do for his birthday. She just expected him to stay in the hotel room and ignore his friends, then it's kind of her fault for wasting her own money. so yeh, just depends on the situation.

I spend most of my free time with my girlfriend. But on my birthday I always have a party with all of my friends and usally we get drunk. Thats my birthday and I am happy that my friends can celebrate with me. So she was selfish and totally deserved it because she didn't ask her boyfriend what he wants to do. For you: I you think spending time with your friends is for loosers, then you should get a life. And I feel sorry for your friends, if you have any...

I'm following Jint. Not saying that you aren't allowed to do what you want on your birthday (like getting drunk), because it still is your birthday, but hell, I'm so happy that I am the only person my boyfriend really wants to have on his birthday, instead of all his friends. He has a lots of fun with them, but he likes me more as company. I appreciate that, like I also appreciate that he isn't egoistic on his day and also wants me to be happy and smiling. So, OP, I'm sorry your boyfriend acted egoistic, but he can't be perfect. Chrss, you're missing the point. She isn't saying that spending time with friends is for losers, she says that, in her opinion, it's more logical to have on an important day the most important person with you. And in a good relationship, that person isn't a pukefriend, but your lover.

Agreed with this. Chicks can't even imagine how bloody annoying it is for us when they plan out stuff without asking and then bitch and whine if we dare to want to do something else. YDI, OP.

Seriously? Yeah it's awesome to spend your birthday with your significant other, being treated by them, but it's also awesome to have a good time with your friends on your birthday! I want all of my special people there to celebrate my day with me! I can think of nothing more boring than spending a birthday on the couch, watching tv or ordering room service. Birthdays are for doing what makes the birthday boy/girl happy, not their significant other!

It's his party, and he'll barf if he wants to. You know that you'd all cry too, if it happened to you.

stormin972 0

Jeez. Just a tad controlling? I suppose on HIS birthday, he should have to do whatever you want...

I see this as an FML.. If he wanted to party with his friends he should have told you before the two of you planned the whole hotel-thing.. Then you could have gone out with your girlfriends instead of whitnessing them vomit =/

At least it was the bath tub they puked in. Just turn the shower on and wash it down the drain.