One day…

By CaeliLady - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my friend and I were at the mall and saw a "Grow Your Own Boyfriend" toy. I remarked that I already had one of those, and she freaked out, very loudly and openly, about me "finally having a boyfriend". I had to embarrassingly explain I meant I had the toy... not an actual boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 401
You deserved it 6 491

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What's the point of those toys? That's retarded. And it's pretty obvious what you meant; when I read this, I knew you were talking about the toy. You'd say you already "had one," not "had one of those." FYL cause you have an idiot friend

Just remember to give it plenty of water and sunlight, and soon you too will have a boyfriend!

Comments

jessicadawg 0

That sucks, I've been there before.

What's the point of those toys? That's retarded. And it's pretty obvious what you meant; when I read this, I knew you were talking about the toy. You'd say you already "had one," not "had one of those." FYL cause you have an idiot friend

Especially one who's going to make a scene in public places and embarrass the hell out of someone. I'd kick my best friend's ass if she made a scene like that.

No ******* kidding, especially about something like that! Seriously, is it that big of a deal these days? ... scratch that, I had friends who tried to force me to make this guy I hate my boyfriend so I finally had one. God damn it...

petloverlcd 7

She actually did say she "had one of those" not "had one", and how does that matter which way she said it?

Okay? So you don't have a boyfriend. I dont get why this is an FML.

Because you know, the world revolves around having a significant other when you're at a young age!! I'm going to assume the OP is young based on the fuss over not having a boyfriend. o_O **Note: The first sentence of this was sarcasm. SARCASM!**

TJStarzZ 8

'Cause she has nothing else to bitch about on FMyLife, so with about 60% of the other people whining about boy/girlfriend drama, why shouldn't she? ~is not a good guesser~

Oh no, you have to explain a slightly awkward comment to your stupid friend! Indeed, your life is ******!

PsYcHoSOADLaDy 0

Um, if you were more comfortable with your friend and/or yourself that wouldn't have been embarassing.... This isn't really a FYL or a YDI...

Just remember to give it plenty of water and sunlight, and soon you too will have a boyfriend!

Maybe the OP is one of those teenagers who've never had a boyfriend before? Some people are really insecure about it. And also maybe her friend is one of those girls that always gets guys and the OP is just one of those girls on the sidelines. I would honestly feel embarrassed if I'd have to explain to someone that I didn't really have a boyfriend, but instead, I had a gag gift. The best rule about dating though, is don't look and don't worry. Everything works out in time.

Sun_Kissed18 25

Completly agree with everything you said #13 :) I was one of those girls on the sidelines while my best friend had a lot of boyfriends (not at one time). Then I stopped looking and my boyfriend came along :) so don't worry OP, he'll find you!

i couldn't agree with you more #13. FYL for being embarassed, but how do you grow your own boyfriend? i dont get it. i took it the wrong way the first time i read it lol.

http://all-the-exgirlfriends.info/?uid=6756