Cough up, loser

By Kushi - 30/01/2024 00:00 - United States

Today, I got stuck in rush hour traffic and rushed to the daycare to pick my daughter up. They charged me a late fee for being one minute late. ONE minute. When I protested, the lady said she was gonna scream and call the police if I didn’t pay. It was my last $100 before next payday… next Friday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 599
You deserved it 162

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rpy13 11

Unfortunately this is how it works, I worked in day care for years 30 years ago, and that’s still how it was back then. Like $100 for between 1-15 minutes late, $200 for 16-30, etc. They let people off for one minute, it turns into 10, then 15… the daycare industry got fed up.

Is this the first time you were late?

Comments

I call bs. there is way more to this story. no way would i pay 100 for 1 min late.

Is this the first time you were late?

How much does this $100 buy? Should have used all that time.

rpy13 11

Unfortunately this is how it works, I worked in day care for years 30 years ago, and that’s still how it was back then. Like $100 for between 1-15 minutes late, $200 for 16-30, etc. They let people off for one minute, it turns into 10, then 15… the daycare industry got fed up.

America wants you to have kids and still work, but doesn't care to make it easy on you.

That's not really how pick up times at daycare work. You didn't get fined because you were one minute late. You got fined because you were 10 minutes late. You're not supposed to pick up your kid exactly on time. They tell you the latest time that you can pick up your kid but they never want you to pick up your kid at that time. They gave you 10 minutes of grace time just like they always do.

I realize $100 is a bit steep. They must really not want people to be late.