Off the top of my head…

By helplesslover - 04/10/2009 06:13 - United States

Today, my boyfriend called and said he was stopping by to talk. I didn't understand why he would stop by, so I asked if he was going to break up with me, he said no. Half an hour later, he knocked on my door to break up with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 130
You deserved it 5 751

Same thing different taste

Top comments

'knock knock', 'whose there?' 'I dumped' 'I dumped who?' 'I dumped you lol'

I had a very similar thing happen to me. A few years ago, my girlfriend messaged me and told me that we had to talk. I replied and said that if she was breaking up with me, she may as well just do it and get it over with. She denied it, and said it was about something else. 6 hours later after work, after many different possibilities floated through my head, I went over to her house and got dumped.

Comments

ronnoc715 0

http://all-the-exgirlfriends.info/?uid=30394

You idiot, haven't you seen Seinfeld! Once you know your bf is going to break up with you, you must avoid him at all cost to stay in the relationship! He can't break up with you if he can't find you!

scillya 0

^^lol i love that show...op just get a new boyfriend

The OP is probably much better off without this idiot...ok yeah, I know that it's better to break up in person rather than over the phone, but that's a guideline, not a mandate from God. There are situations where it is, in fact, more appropriate to break up over the phone than in person, and anyone with even a modicum of common sense would know that this situation is one of them.

phanatic62 0

How is this situation the right time to break up over the phone? Long distance relationship where breaking up in person would require a plane flight and loads of money? Sure, I'll give you that one. But just because the crazy OP called him out for coming to break up with her doesn't mean he should take the easy way out and dump her on the phone. Some of us guys actually feel that it's the right thing to do to be respectful and break off a relationship in person rather than using technology to mask cowardice and avoid a difficult and emotional situation. This isn't an FML, just a breakup. For all the people on here calling this guy a lying asshole, seeing as he actually had respect for this girl he was probably the best guy she'll ever have.

I agree with #10. Your paranoia scared him away.

kenjiisown 1

Why is it that majority of people here calling the guy an asshole? He probably had many reasons to break up with the OP including her paranoia. If he broke up with her over the phone, he is still considered a jerk for not doing it in person.

I'm actually concerned that that is going to happen to me today... except I haven't asked him if he's going to break up with me, I'm just waiting it out. Sorry that happened, but it could have been worse :(

HordeChef 0

If you're dating someone and you don't understand why they would want to stop by, YDI. "Oh, we're dating now, that means we don't need to see each other outside of predefined dates! Teehee!"

Astronomical 0

Can we all get our break-up stories posted now? If this one can make it through, everybody else's can too. Oh no, he told you he wasn't going to break up with you, and then he did anyway. :/ Really, the only FML part of this is that you got dumped. Who hasn't been there?