Crossed purposes

By knee2tak - 14/03/2009 09:46 - United States

Today, I told my boyfriend, "We need to talk." He said, "I know". So we met after school, and he said he was OK with me breaking up with him, that he wasn't that into me either. He said all that before I could tell him that my parents wanted to meet him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 74 353
You deserved it 11 278

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm pretty sure "we need to talk" is a universally recognised code for "I'm about to break up with you".

lol who says "we need to talk" before telling your bf that you want him to meet their parents? seriously.

Comments

lol who says "we need to talk" before telling your bf that you want him to meet their parents? seriously.

I used to say that to my girlfriend all the time and never to break up with her

yeah. "we need to talk" means "I'm about to tell you something that will probably ruin our relationship or your view on me" "I have something to tell you" means you have to tell them something.

I'm pretty sure "we need to talk" is a universally recognised code for "I'm about to break up with you".

yes... we need to talk is only used to break up. He knew that, now she knows that too. At least she learned something.

adelaide_evening 0

Well, at least now you can tell people you were the one that broke up with him?

well maybe he only said those things to defend himself, you never know...guys say a lot of stuff to keep their pride. you might be able to get him back?

jennaleighhh 0

Ugh. That sucks. I feel for you =[

Or you could not be a conniving bitch like #6 cuz like everyone is saying the phrase is the universal brake up line, and not did she learn that, she also learned that he didnt like her so clearly she is better off.

wooooww you only say i need to talk when you're gonna break up.