Oedipus Rex

By Anonymous - 19/03/2020 18:00

Today, my mother started arguing with me once again about how my life revolves around my girlfriend and how it's unhealthy to spend so much time with her. We live together and are engaged to be married. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 919
You deserved it 161

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Marcella1016 31

She could still be right. It’s ok to have a personal life/friends/hobbies outside your spouse or partner. But do whatever makes you happy unless it is actually unhealthy in some way.

He wrote it as his mother says it; OPs mom calls his Fiancee his GF still.

Comments

Marcella1016 31

She could still be right. It’s ok to have a personal life/friends/hobbies outside your spouse or partner. But do whatever makes you happy unless it is actually unhealthy in some way.

Your mom has an Oedipus complex. Why do you call her "girlfriend" when you described a fiancée?

He wrote it as his mother says it; OPs mom calls his Fiancee his GF still.

WistayShlaio82 13

You can either put her in a nursing home or explain your current marital position. Seems like either way you got some mommy issues

ThatOneLonelyAsian 31

This is your mum telling you shes lonely and wants you

thatkorean 5

Honestly your mom probably just misses you. Some times for mothers it’s hard to let go and watch you grow up and become your own person. Maybe you two should spend some time with her. Ease her into it even more. Because even though you’ve grown up and are an adult, but in her eyes you’ll always be her child. But if things don’t change I’d sit down and have a serious conversation with her.

eveighe 1

That sounds like my bfs mom who uses every excuse under the sun to make him come home. While he's paying for practically everything and has been taking care of her for years 🙄 don't let your mother treat you like a husband. It's not healthy.

"Œdipus, Schmœdipus! Just as long as he loves his mother."