Not coming out

By HidenSeek - 08/05/2009 01:39 - United States

Today, my mom and I were watching this movie in which some girls start making out. My mother called them "sinners" claiming they'll "burn in hell twice". Then she said, "God doesn't like gays." I'm a lesbian. I picked out this movie as a way of coming out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 109 026
You deserved it 17 101

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry Homophobes, even homophobes that you're related to, are a pain in the ass Don't pay any attention to what your Mom says (however hard that may be) and good luck coming to your other friends/family/etc.

You should've said "I bet God doesn't like bigots either"

Comments

grazynaanka 0

So many things are considered sins that shouldn't be. Hate for someone should be the ultimate sin. God loves everyone. Know matter who you are or what sex you love. A God that hates someone because they are gay is not God I'd ever want to believe in or follow.

elara15 0

Check out this website http :/ /www. inherit- the- kingdom. org/ bible/ arsenokoites. html which explains problems of Bible translations for people who have not studied koine Greek themselves. The Bible I've studied does not condemn homosexuality anymore than it did a rape victim. (Nevermind that it was written, edited, and voted by Man. It's not meant to be taken LITERALLY.) Your mother needs to be enlightened about her own religion. I'm sorry it's going to be rough. Please think about finding yourself a coming-out support group at your local LGBT center (or maybe the Metropolitan Community Church).

"You know your god is manmade when he hates all the same people you do."

#23 I'm not against people who are gay... Doesn't mean I'm sinning and doesn't mean I'm not against sinning. I'm against it when it comes to myself. But I'm not gonna go around pointing fingers at people and preaching about the damnation they recieve for being gay. I'm humanitarian. And #30, Life started between male and female. If God wanted it otherwise, he would've done it. IT IS A SIN. And **** the bible? I'm sorry but you're going way over line when you begin to insult God's words and rules. It's as simple as this; if you don't like his rules, break them, but if you don't like his consequences too, then that's really your problem. He's not gonna go around making excuses for you, trying to mend the rules so it fits your life. Yes, I also don't judge anyone, only by their goodness. But God is the supreme here, not me or you. And he has made rules for us that we must follow. You break'em, you face'em. Just like parents, you break a rule you get grounded. You either cope or face the consequence. God doesn't create to hate. Evil springs from one root, and this proves that the ultimate battle is between good and evil. Good standing for God, and evil standing for the Devil. You choose, and you get what you deserve.. No matter how good or bad.

elara15 0

#34, to insist that the Christian God hates gay people shows you are tremendously ignorant. It it environmentally irresponsible to have everyone capable of reproducing doing so. How do you know homosexuality isn't "intelligently designed"? Think of the cultures that recognized more than one gender, even; homosexuals are a service to the community, as they are in the animal kingdom when they raise unwanted offspring. Jesus specifically condemned adultery, prostitution, and ********** -- he had nothing to say about homosexuality. There is NO LOGICAL REASON why it should be an issue (especially a religious one).

I've noticed it's a lot easier for someone to hate something that is unknown or different to them. Sometimes they worry that what they believe is a reflection of themselves. Say, for example, if they were best friends with a lesbian, it might lead suspicion about their own sexuality, and they're not secure enough with themselves to handle that. I am terribly sorry though, and throwing the God hates this and God intended that... It just isn't right, and coming out, especially to your parents can be incredibly difficult without all the negatives they're blurting out. And also, weren't we taught as children to be respectful and understand not everyone is exactly like you? Why shouldn't the same rules apply to them?

#34: I don't believe organized religion has the best intentions for the people who follow it. That's why I say **** the Bible: be a good person, believe in what you will, but once you put it into book form, it's set in stone, and that's what people will believe. Ideas and beliefs are great, but once you do what Christians did when they created the Bible, people get hurt and that's when bad things are created. Like any Holy War in the history of man, things like the Spanish Inquisition. They take it too far. Like gay-bashers.

#34 So your suggesting that the bible is the definitive word of god. Not edited or interpreted one bit by man? But who is to say that the bible is gods word and not some other religious text? You don't see God endorsing one or the other personally. Personally I don't believe it to be anything more than an Aesop's fable. Good morals in it, but not meant to be taken literally. If you do take it literally then you must also believe that it is a sin to lie with a women when she is on her period. Or if you had a voice in your head claiming to be God that told you to go kill your child to prove your faith, you would do it?

elara15 0

Christians also never acknowledge the differences between denominations. Plenty do not oppose homosexuality for vague or specious reasons, so that should invalidate any biblical argument against homosexuality. Christian morality exists in a vacuum with no thought to historical context. Lynn Lavner: "The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision."

your mommys is right well if there is a hell she would be 100% right but there isnt