Not coming out

By HidenSeek - 08/05/2009 01:39 - United States

Today, my mom and I were watching this movie in which some girls start making out. My mother called them "sinners" claiming they'll "burn in hell twice". Then she said, "God doesn't like gays." I'm a lesbian. I picked out this movie as a way of coming out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 109 026
You deserved it 17 101

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry Homophobes, even homophobes that you're related to, are a pain in the ass Don't pay any attention to what your Mom says (however hard that may be) and good luck coming to your other friends/family/etc.

You should've said "I bet God doesn't like bigots either"

Comments

dude no worries i did the same thing as my coming out and well yea.. pretty much my mom was like uhh thats wrong why we watching this.. is this an all gay movie.. and it was in semi chinese.. saving face was what the movie we watched.

A good Christian should love no matter what, I thought that's what Jesus always taught. If your mother hates you for what you are, she has a long way to go. And btw, those who wrote the Bible only condemned homosexuality because back then infant mortality was much higher and to "waste any seed" was considered wrong.

#20: So you have nothing against sin??? #13: Awesome logic rityz. Keep it up. Personally I like to think that if there was one God who created everything she/he would have to incorporate all the parts of that which she/he created into her/his being. Evil doesn't just spring up from nowhere. Also I think that said creator would be inclined to take responsibility for everything she/he created. Therefore, though this God fellow created Adam and Eve, he also gave them the capacity to have feelings for members of the same sex. If the Christian God created everything then he created homosexuality, and I doubt he would have made it by mistake.

Try a different approach...make her this rainbow cake xD http://omnomicon.blogspot.com/2009/01/how-to-make-rainbow-cake.html (It actually tastes amazing haha.)

Loe_307 0

How very Christian of her.

Minstrels 0

What a bitch. Does she talk to God directly? I bet not. So how does she know what he does and doesn't like? And did she forget about the part where it says only God can judge? Yeah. Great Christian right there. And I'm an atheist.

Miyeon 0

wow >< i hope she'll be more understaning when you tell her. :[ good luck!

Christian fundamentalists suck hard. Live your own life and if your mother can't accept you as you are, then don't accept her as she is.

LilKonvicted 0

She needs to get some sense kicked into her

#23 and #20:*I* have nothing against sin. I believe in being a good person, and if you're gay, then so, what? The Bible and Christianity are all full of paradoxes that make no sense-- God created Adam and Eve, and they bore Cain and Abel and Seth and some daughters (who, of course, remain nameless)... Cain killed Abel and went into the land of Nod, then came back with a wife. You see no gap of information there? It doesn't matter who God created, except that we're here and we should just try to live as good a life as possible. **** the Bible, forget about the idea of sinning. Just be a good person.