No warning

By daddy-to-be - 20/03/2009 21:04 - United States

Today, as I was getting my mail, I noticed I'd received a free coupon from a baby supply store, saying, "Congratulations on your pregnancy!" Thinking it was a mistake, I showed my girlfriend, who I live with. All she had to say was, "Surprise!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 113
You deserved it 17 318

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JackFrost 0

#1....He found out that his girlfriend is pregnant from a coupon in the mail. OP....That's a sucky way of finding out, sure, but is your life really ******? If you didn't want a baby, maybe you should have been using protection. I think this is kind of a YDI.

greatnt249 0

#4, the fact that his girlfriend didn't bother to tell the OP that she was pregnant, thus letting him find out via junk mail is the FML.

Comments

I think #20 and #22 are pretty close to the heart of the matter: You need to find out who the biological father is before you do anything else. You might be in the process of being cuckholded. In other words, she may have been having sex with someone else, got accidentally pregnant, and now doesn't want an abortion, but can't decide whether to stay with you, or leave you for the other guy, or perhaps put the kid up for adoption. Although speculative, this explanation would begin to explain why she didn't tell you that she was pregnant.

she may have been waiting to tell him. some people wait a bit in case they lose the baby or something. im sure she was eventually gonna tell him but the mailman beat her to it.

aaa919 0

Yeah that's seriously a pretty shady way to reveal your future fatherhood. May be she doesn't know who the father is. Maybe you would make the better father out of the guys she was having sex with? A definite possibility, dude.

well that's a pretty shitty was to tell you

It could be worse... You could have not had sex yet.

xoGurlxo 0

it sucks you had to find out tht way, altho it seems like it is a pretty hard thing to tell somebody. Maybe she was waiting for the right time... btw, congrats :)

dumbkid 0

Maybe she didn't know that she was going to get a coupon in the mail about the expectancy and she was waiting a little longer to tell her boyfriend... and in an effort to be funny, she just said "surprise!". I really hope that wasn't her way of letting him know he's going to be a father.

zander09 0

What a c***! Time to slip her some black cohosh and move the eff on!

totally agree with #43. sorry you had to find out that way dude, but it definitely could be worse. congratulations!

"Surprise!", Rofl! Hahaa. Congratulations, I'm sure you'll be a great Dad. :)