No warning

By daddy-to-be - 20/03/2009 21:04 - United States

Today, as I was getting my mail, I noticed I'd received a free coupon from a baby supply store, saying, "Congratulations on your pregnancy!" Thinking it was a mistake, I showed my girlfriend, who I live with. All she had to say was, "Surprise!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 114
You deserved it 17 318

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JackFrost 0

#1....He found out that his girlfriend is pregnant from a coupon in the mail. OP....That's a sucky way of finding out, sure, but is your life really ******? If you didn't want a baby, maybe you should have been using protection. I think this is kind of a YDI.

greatnt249 0

#4, the fact that his girlfriend didn't bother to tell the OP that she was pregnant, thus letting him find out via junk mail is the FML.

Comments

make sure you get a paternity test. if she won't be upfront about being pregnant, she might well lie to you in other ways.

#69: Gee I wonder why, Maybe they just don't want to kill a living human being? From your spelling I can see you are not old enough to claim and say something like you just did in that comment. Abortion isn't like THAT. Anyway back to this FML, It's a pretty shitty way to find out. If you have any doubts about why she would hide it from you, you should make sure the baby is yours. But, Congratulations, and Best of Luck.

How do people not realize why an unexpected pregnancy is an FML? Especially when you find out like that?

Short of immaculate conception, there's no such thing as an "unexpected" pregnancy. Yeah, sex feels good and all, but if you can't handle the reaction, don't do the action. If you figure you're old enough to have sex, you know where babies come from. "This goes there! Squirt. What? Babies?!" Perhaps the girlfriend was not necessarily hiding the fact that she was pregnant, either. Pregnancy is a big thing, and it's a lot to tell someone. Most women have to plan out how she's going to tell the father, her family, etc. Unless a couple is *trying* to have a baby (in which situation, it would be completely expected), a woman usually can't just say, "Food's almost ready. Also, I'm pregnant. Anyway, do you want water or soda with your burger?"

HahahaThatsFunny 0

How is the a FML ? Shouldn't you be happy ? Or at least remembered that you didn't use a condom, or birth control.

Ekkelg 0

Oh come on, she was just trying to be creative! Hahahaha, bet you don't want kids right now,but OH WELL!

After reading this, I realized the OP never implied who caused the pregnancy. You never know. He didn't say anything that assumed one way or the other.