No thanks

By Kara - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my downstairs neighbor had a home birth. Not only did I hear eighteen hours of uninterrupted screaming, they called me afterwards to ask if I could come over to help them clean up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 031
You deserved it 2 867

Top comments

txgirl2013 14

Like a good neighbor OP is there :) ha

LiL_Dub 2

Gross! No way, they need to clean up their own bodily fluids!

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Baytheshark 14

Okay. This pissed me off. The lady CHOSE, did you hear that? CHOSE, to have a home birth. She had no right to ask OP to help clean up, unless they were close. But even then, she, pardon my French, ******* CHOSE to have a ******* home birth.

Newlove, JUST SHUT UP!!!! The op HAS NO OBLIGATION to clean up the afterbirth (i'm not sure if it's the placenta). NOT HER RESPONSIBILITY. You got a shit-load of replies saying the same damn thing already. Just shut the **** up!!

Then they could have had the baby at a hospital

Kirlyfoo 9

Ya shut up newlove , its fml not sunday school. Pull ur thumb out of ur ass and laugh or be all like "ooooo fyl"

Just because someone decided to have a baby, with or without drugs, doesn't mean any human being within a 100 mile radius becomes their personal slave to them. They chose a home birth, they chose to be responsible for the clean up. I'm sure the father/actual close family members/midwife can clean up- not some neighbour that may or may not even have a relationship with them.

Let me clarify: nobody here shares your opinion.

rainydayz133 6

I understand that you want to help the lady but why don't they call a family member or a doctor? Not your neighbor.

A. There is a reply button. B. Your half-arsed opinion didn't need clarification. C. I doubt OP is from Samaria (not really the point and I know what you meant but the list looked short). D. How much responsibility do you take for your neighbours' decisions? You're either frequently taken advantage of or a hypocrite.

52 - I most certainly did read the FML. If the neighbors didn't want to clean up or knew they would need help, then they should have had the child at a hospital. Would've saved OP from having to listen to it for 18 hours too.

Hungry_Panda 3

Offer to help hold the newborn while they clean the damn mess haha

Baytheshark 14

Not the best idea, if your violent....

Conley78643 0

I was in the room when my niece was born and i do not remember it being very messy. When i read this post though i pictured blood dripping from the walls and ceiling and the husband with goo dripping off him. Lol. Thank god you don't see the mess when it's you having the baby.

They only TOLD you it was a home birth. It was actually an 18 hour BDSM orgy. You were invited, but you apparently lost the invitation. Go grab your broom, a few rolls of paper towels, and a gallon of bleach.

More instruments of BDSM sex? I'm not sure they would handle that broom and the bleach. Think of them, don't be a bastard!!

Gross... I think that is so rude of a neighbor to be asking to help you to clean up after the birth, I would say that I can't and I'll just buy a gift for the child. But hell no!! I am not going to clean up. They should have went to the hospital and had them clean it up.

dtemple1110 6

The ****?! Who the hell would ask someone other than family to come help clean up the after birth? So inconsiderate... and weird!

Sorry, OP...unless you're really good friends with the new parents, the answer should be "No thanks". On a side note, having a baby at home is much more risky for the mother and child if any complications arise.

nursejohio 8

Unless she's having a normal, low risk pregnancy... Home birth is actually safer for mom and baby in that case. We (high risk L&D nurse here) use waaaaaay more interventions than we need to sometimes, and sometimes that creates more complications.

Help clean up? Did they do it over the floor and spread it around? Must have been a violent birth