No thanks, Karen

By artdegreemyass - 21/07/2012 21:14 - United States - West Palm Beach

Today, I was cashiering at Walmart, when a customer picked open a cold-sore on her lip before trying to give me her money with the same hand. When I freaked out and refused to take her money, she started screaming and threatening to sue me for "violating the First Amendment." FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 701
You deserved it 3 120

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There's nothing in the first amendment about not accepting herpes-infected money.

Comments

IStoleYourJuice 3

That's ridiculous, I can imagine it now, "and why would you like to sue ma'am?", "He wouldn't take my money because my cold-sore was on it."

You can't be a cashier and a germophobe. Money is extremely dirty, you should have realized that now. YDI

Although I agree, handling money which may have fresh blood and/or pus from a cold sore you just witnessed the customer pick is quite sickening. Which is why they should be provided with disposable gloves/hand sanitizer.

Disregarding the fact that this very stupid person did not have her First Amendment rights violated, why didn't you simply take the money to avoid a scene like that? If it's not counterfeit or violating any of your job's tender accepted rules, you should just take it to avoid the stupid, irate customers. Where I work, we have disinfecting hand wipes to deal with some of the gross things we have to touch.

Eww that's nasty. I hope she was buying some Zovirax.

Don't most places reserve the right to not serve? Or something like that?

Wtf that has nothing to do with the 1st amendment

Oh stupid people, you make life both amusing and annoying. As a note, I work as a cashier too, though not at WalMart (god forbid.) And let me tell you, the hand sanitizer becomes your best friend when you handle money and food in the same go.

OP, you have the right to refuse service to anyone.....this being a prime example.

I used to be a cashier, there are so many rude and disgusting people out there! A man actually sneezed directly in my face once!

Steve95401 49

I just came home from Wal-Mart. I'm not sure who is more scary - the customers or the employees.