No thanks, Karen

By artdegreemyass - 21/07/2012 21:14 - United States - West Palm Beach

Today, I was cashiering at Walmart, when a customer picked open a cold-sore on her lip before trying to give me her money with the same hand. When I freaked out and refused to take her money, she started screaming and threatening to sue me for "violating the First Amendment." FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 701
You deserved it 3 120

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There's nothing in the first amendment about not accepting herpes-infected money.

Comments

jbrady086 0

also cold sores are a form of herpes simplex virus

All money is disgusting. It's been in strippers crotches, up junkies noses, and on public toilet floors. Wear gloves.

And that's why I don't go to Wal Mart. Ever.

I'm wondering how this is violating any amendment in the first place. I'm also wondering why that's a valid reason not to take money from a paying customer. I realize it's disgusting but I think most bosses would insist you take it unless it was counterfeit or covered in blood or something. As a former cashier, trust me - use hand sanitizer every second you can. Even if you don't see someone do something gross before handing you money, that doesn't mean it hasn't been elsewhere and isn't filthy.

Pretty sure there's worse things you can get from people at Walmart

May I ask the first Amendment is and not risking to get buried?

The first amendment is freedom of speech!

Sorry, but ydi. You realize the money you handle has probably been everywhere from a strippers ass to a cokeheads nose right? I mean, I don't know what her rant about the first amendment was about, but you can't turn down someone's money unless it's not if value here or counterfeit. So grab it by the other end, and get yourself some rubber gloves and hand sanitizer.

What can you expect when you work at WalMart?

I hope you know that all money is covered in many disgusting things whether you like it or not. You shouldn't ever put your hands anywhere after touching money until you can wash them. You're sadly misguided if you think what you don't see can't hurt you!