No thanks, Karen

By artdegreemyass - 21/07/2012 21:14 - United States - West Palm Beach

Today, I was cashiering at Walmart, when a customer picked open a cold-sore on her lip before trying to give me her money with the same hand. When I freaked out and refused to take her money, she started screaming and threatening to sue me for "violating the First Amendment." FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 701
You deserved it 3 120

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There's nothing in the first amendment about not accepting herpes-infected money.

Comments

"Today, I was cashiering at Walmart..." FYL indeed

You know what, I've been a bartender for 3+ years, I handle money all day long, I don't use hand sanitiser ever, and I never get sick. I literally can't remember the last time I even caught a cold. Hand sanitiser/being a germaphobe lowers your resistance to stuff, guys.

There's a difference between common cold germs and face herpes.

Yes, virtually no one has a resistance to face herpes because once you have face herpes, it stays with you forever so you never get a chance to become immune to face herpes.

Sue her for being a ******* idiot and depriving the rest of us of valuable oxygen.

noisebox 1

You should wear gloves like they do at my Walmart

mr_montoya254 3

Tell her to learn the constitution and the amendments before treating to sue someone. The first amendment is freedom of speech the the f*** does that have anything to do with her nasty ass cold sore.

Go to court with her. No way she can win

I think you over reacted all u had to do was use hand sanitizer. Only God knows how many people have used the washroom and have shit in their fingernails and didn't wash their hands and u accept their money. just wash and sanitize after. And FYI cold sores are caused by the same dormant virus that causes chicken pox so its nothing like genital herpes.

Cold sore (also known as Herpes Simplex), now somehow related to chicken pox... It's also DIRECTLY related to genital herpes. Both also being extremely infectious. But I do agree on the money part, all kinds of sorts have handled that money, just wash your hands after your shift...

Lct1196 31

Lol, the first amendment is freedom of religion, making this FML way more funny.