No excuses

By Ouch - 28/02/2015 02:25 - Hong Kong - Central District

Today, I broke my leg. My mom told me I still have to go to tennis class tomorrow because the course isn't refundable. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 768
You deserved it 2 432

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Protest and raise a racquet until she relents.

What exactly does she expect you to do when you're there...?

Comments

bsums203 13

Usually places with no refund policies will bend the rules for serious medical conditions such as a broken leg or at least offer credit and be able to take the course later. Ive gotten refunds or credit from stores/services with no refund policies many times.

Or as someone else has mentioned, maybe they can reschedule for after your leg heals. That way you're still getting your full lesson in. It would suck to have to pay for something you couldn't participate in (through no fault of your own), and I'm sure the companies manager would understand that. If it's a private lesson it should be easy to reschedule, if it's a public lesson, maybe you can stop the course now and pick up the next session when it starts? I'm imagining this being similar to swimming lessons and you could therefore drop out of the one your taking and instead take the next set of lessons when the next one starts.

I really despise those kind of parents.

The instructor will enjoy getting paid to do nothing then!

Tell her to go if it's a waste...then at least she'll know how to play tennis and be a terrible mother...

mattmsk005 8

You can still learn by listening to the instructor and watching, it's not a terrible situation.

PSYqualiac 17

Tennis is not a game you learn from by watching unless you're watching replays to find where you struggle so you know what to fix. As a result... going to the lesson is a waste of money AND, thanks to the idiot mother, time.

Actually. No. You can learn plays, abd strategy. I agree with the video of yourself, it helps ne a ton. But you can still learn where to place the ball and build up a play then finish the point off

She said you had to go, didn't say you had to actually participate.