Agony

By ... - 02/10/2012 20:55 - Canada - Airdrie

Today, I fell down the stairs and landed heavily on my foot. Because I wasn't crying, my mom refused to take me to the hospital. It took me an hour of agony to convince her. It turned out to be broken in three different places. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 357
You deserved it 1 785

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How the Hell can anyone say you deserved this?

Kudos for being tough! Too bad your mom doesn't think logically ...

Comments

How the Hell can anyone say you deserved this?

I have accidentally hit the wrong button many times. Just sayin'.

unknown_user5566 26

Trolls, people trying to earn badges, blatant assholes... the reasons for undeserved "YDI" votes are endless.

I've heard of people voting YDI because the FML wasn't funny. "Oh your house burned down? That did not make me laugh. YDI."

itsgen 16

Yeah i was thinking the same thing! People on this sights a bitches! And say YDI to even the most ****** up cases, sorrrryyyy op! Feel better

Hold up, badges? There's badges involved?

And the world that is the Fmylife.com website opened up to you! Elation ensues.

Wait, if we collect 8 FML badges in one category can we challenge the elite 4 FML commenters to try and get the best comment and then if we do that can we face docbastard, the FML champion, and become the new champion by getting a better comment then him?

unknown_user5566 26

58- Yup. You can earn a badge for hitting "YDI" a certain amount of times. 70- As I read your comment, I imagined a wrestling ring WWE style, where the fighters were just their FML display pictures with no bodies... pretty amusing.

The elite 4 FML: Perdix, KaySL, Alan, Sirin.

LawSixx 11

Reminds me of the Pokemon elite 4 trainers to become the best/champion.

That is what he referenced. The first person just got it wrong. Good job

I feel for you OP . Just try not to put weight on it and put ice on it. Follow doctors orders directly. I hope you feel better.

BeaterOfTheDrums 15

Something tells me ice may not help very much.

Sometimes pain makes you hurt so bad that you are unable to cry. I know this because I have severe spinal injuries and poor motor skills from a car accident . Not everyone cries from pain . Some people grimace or moan. Anyway feel better OP .

I know I'll get down voted, but I believe some people cry too much, particularly women.

BeaterOfTheDrums 15

And what exactly did that have to do with anything? Just shows you're a sexist dickface.

Why say it when you know you're going to get down-voted?

The mother probably would have cried if she got hurt, and I believe that is why she was expecting op to cry.

Well, I think breaking your ankle in three different places warrants at least a few tears. Breaking your ankle in ONE place hurts like ****, let alone doing it in two other places.

alisidewinder 9

There's a new study my doctor showed me about using ice on injuries. It said it can actually cause more harm than good by restricting the blood flood to the injured area. The slower blood flow will take much longer to heal. I have no idea if its true or not, but makes sense when I had sprained an ankle it took longer to get better when I did ice it.

The only reason you would ice it is to reduce swelling/edema/effusion right after it happens, as well as to reduce pain (numbing the area). If it's really swollen, there isn't much that can be done for it anyways. Pain is subjective. Hope you have a quick recovery, OP.

The only reason you would ice it is to reduce swelling/edema/effusion right after it happens, as well as to reduce pain (numbing the area). If it's really swollen, there isn't much that can be done for it anyways. Pain is subjective. Hope you have a quick recovery, OP.

It's hard to understand the pain others are in. Last night, my boyfriend was bite on the finger by his step mom's Russell terrier. It looked really small, but it was bleeding a lot. After I cleaned it for him and dressed it, I was laughing and saying how small it was (my mom and sister also said it was funny). Later on when he explained to me that it honestly hurt a lot more than I believed, I felt extremely bad and like a horrible girlfriend. I apologized and realized that I should have been more understanding; especially since I'm in a lot of pain from spinal surgery i had 4 years ago and my entire family says that I'm over dramatic about the pain.

Kudos for being tough! Too bad your mom doesn't think logically ...

me234 7

She really was thinking logically most people when they break a bone they cry. I broke my foot and didn't cry and it took my mom 3 days to take me to the hospital. So all I'm saying is that the mom was thinking logically just her logically

I'd be more worried if they didn't cry! It's a natual reaction. You said you didn't cry and 3 days later you were admitted to the hospital. Bones need to heal back normally hence why braces and casts are worn. After 3 days, they already started to heal but possibly not normally. If so, it'd cause more of a headache to fix them. So even though OP didn't cry, his mother still should have taken him right away so his foot doesn't have the chance to become worse.

BunchieRules 31

She should have trusted that you were in pain, even if you weren't bawling. Not everyone screams their pain away, but it doesn't mean their injuries are any better.

Sexy_Kisses14 8

I was paralyzed for three days before my mom decided to take me to the hospital!

unknown_user5566 26

Isnt't that considered child neglect or something? If I were you, I'd give her a swift kick in the ass with my good foot.

unknown_user5566 26

24- You can kick someone while sitting down.

KiddNYC1O 20

Or maybe op is an expert at hand-standing... Ahhh.

FakeDoor 3

And whilst you were there, you got that iPhone removed from your ass?

Sometimes you just gotta cry like a little bitch.

The scene little emo bitch has the right to call someone a bitch for crying? Hm

unknown_user5566 26

49- Learn to read, and stop being a close-minded asshat. He said "sometimes you just gotta cry like a little bitch". This does not mean he's calling OP a bitch, it is implying that OP just should've cried so they could go to the hospital.

Nobody ever likes your comments. Please stop.

And the mother of the year award goes to.....

xBrookiee_Babyyx 0

same thing happen to me OO! but i was 6 years old and what makes it even worse is my mom is a doctor and gas been for 25 years.

Gas in there for 25 years must do that to doctor.. o_O