Nice neighborhood you've got here

By Anonymous - 26/11/2011 01:25 - United Kingdom

Today, my neighbours kicked my football back over the fence. They'd slashed it and taped a note to the remains that said, "Do it again and it'll be your face." Now I'm scared to play football in my own backyard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 522
You deserved it 3 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have a neighbor who threatens to shoot me with his nail gun if i step in his yard :/

FYLDeep 25

Bring a shotgun out to your back yard and kick another one over the fence. Then wait...

Comments

Now exactly how old are your neighbors? Also, keep your face away from footballs!

FYLDeep 25

Bring a shotgun out to your back yard and kick another one over the fence. Then wait...

Wow. I would hate to be neighbors with Cruela Deville! (sorry I do not know how to spell it)

wow. tht is a threat! if u hav kids DEFINITELY b careful. what asses.

perdix 29

Switch to American football. If that goes over the fence, the neighbors will be scared shitless that a strapping American ass-kicker will come over to claim it. They'll meekly toss it back over the fence and change into fresh knickers.

FYLDeep 25

There's one problem with this. If a big strapping American kicked the football over the fence, it would sail into the the yard of whoever's at the end of the block.

perdix 29

Then everyone would fearfully, sheepishly and respectfully pass the ball over the fence until the rightful owner got it, and the ass-kickings can be averted.

No, an Australian footballer. We DON'T use padding or external protection of any kind. Some use a 'helmet' padding thing but the only other protection is a mouth guard.

3yellowzebras 19

I recommend playing football in your front yard from now on.

Well then don't get your face lost over the fence

This is in between a FYL and a YDI... You're technically not playing it in your own backyard when it goes over a fence into the neighbor's yard... However slashing your face would be a bit much. Keep it in your yard and save face with your neighbors :-)

Yeah, because kicking it over a fence makes me playing in their yard. Also, how does that make it a YDI? smh.

The OP is physically in his yard, but the ball isn't when it's kicked into someone else's. If OP can't keep the ball on his property then he needs to not kick it around so hard or move elsewhere.... If your shit goes into someone else's property they have every right to do what they please (regardle

The OP is in his yard, but the ball isn't when it's kicked into someone else's. If OP can't keep the ball on his property then he needs to not kick it so hard or play elsewhere. I don't get what's so hard to understand about that. The neighbors gave him a warning to keep his shit off their property.

perdix 29

Put the soccer ball on a tether and tie the cord to a stake in your backyard. If it goes over the fence, you can yank it back over.

perdix 29

Essentially, it is. Instead of a short cord on a long pole, use a very long cord on a very short pole. It's kind of a hybrid of tetherball and crabbing.