Nice friends you've got there

By Anonymous - 07/07/2015 19:13 - United States - Summerfield

Today, my friend got pulled over. The cops searched the car and found a bong among the stuff we were moving to her new house. When they confronted her with it, she told them it must be mine and that she'd never seen it before. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 590
You deserved it 2 788

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, such a great friend throwing you under the bus instead of taking responsibility!

Comments

Err, I thought that was because it's legal for people to smoke using a bong - assuming the people using it have a medicinal marijuana card or marijuana has been decriminalized in their area. If neither of those is the case, isn't it still considered illegal?

A couple questions. Why did you consent to a search? Why didn't you disavow ownership too? How many times did you hit your friend with the bong when the police left?

As long as there's no resin in it, which can be removed with a very thorough cleaning, there's nothing they can charge you with in most of North America. I won't say all cuz there's always that one backwards jurisdiction that wants to **** things up. At the end of the day if you claim it's just a water filtered tobacco pipe and there's no resin to contradict your story, they pretty much have to take your word for it.

Wow that sucks majorly.... hope you told the cops that its was your friends and that you had never seen it before, I hear reasonable doubt starting to emerge..... honestly thats why you should be extra careful when you are moving with stuff like that.... check tail lights, etc... its the simple stuff that always gets you.

Well she bonged you real hard in this one...

Yeah, **** your friend. If she's not claiming it, then I'd say everything else in the cars was yours - And promptly go dump it off in some garbage dump, somewhere.

Is it illegal to own a bong (in Florida)?

Megatron_Griffin 25

I moved here two months ago, and the flee market less than a mile away from my house as huge tents with bins full of pipes and several beautiful bongs. They're legal to own. Some people actually just collect such things. They're not illegal until you smoke pot through them. Even then actually it's not the piece, it is the resin inside. Unfortunately in her case, they were heavily resonated

1. Why did you let them search the car? 2. A bong isn't even illegal.

The friend was driving. I think we can assume it was their car and they gave consent for the search.

juturnaamo 29

It's illegal in Florida, regardless of what has been smoked in it.

I bought a bong in Miami Beach. As a 'water cooled tobacco pipe'. I carried it across the Canadian Border and when I was searched looked the TSA agent in the eye and said 'It's a pencil holder'. If it wasn't legal in Florida then why did the head shop sell it to me?