Nice friends you've got there

By Anonymous - 07/07/2015 19:13 - United States - Summerfield

Today, my friend got pulled over. The cops searched the car and found a bong among the stuff we were moving to her new house. When they confronted her with it, she told them it must be mine and that she'd never seen it before. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 590
You deserved it 2 788

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, such a great friend throwing you under the bus instead of taking responsibility!

Comments

Never. Ever. Ever ever, EVER consent to a search.

xluciferx666 21

Yeah and then they become suspicious and impound your car while they apply for a search warrant.

Nah, most of the time they can't be bothered. If they have probable cause they don't need a warrant or consent anyway. Seriously, ask any criminal defense lawyer and they'll say the exact same thing: Never consent to a search.

if they have reasonable suspicion then they don't need to ask for permission

They cannot search your car without a warrant, consent, or clear evidence of a crime (such as flashlighting your car as they walk up and spotting a bag of cocaine under the seat). Their reasonable suspicion gives them grounds to get a warrant not grounds to conduct a warrantless search without consent.

Yeah I'm going to agree that there's no law that states owning a bong is illegal.

And where did you get your law degree? Most states have laws banning drug paraphernalia.

It's not actually considered paraphernalia until something illegal has been smoked out of it. In most states you can legally purchase a bong for use with tobacco and tobacco products. They just don't sell them under the name of "bong" but as "water pipes".

Quality friend you've got yourself there

It's okay she'll be charged with possession

if your friend is going to snitch on you for her stuff... that's not a friend you need to keep.

If there's no weed in it, it's technically just a piece of glassware and they can't arrest anyone for it.

So they drug test you and nothing comes up...then they test her and find that she is positive and obviously not yours...

They won't bother with that especially over something weed related. It's not actually illegal to ingest drugs. It's only illegal to possess or sell them. Keep in mind how many dealers don't use. If you were to test them they would come up clean but if you were to raid their house they would be loaded.