New to me

By MisterMisinformed - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, I found out that Whoopi Goldberg was NOT Oprah Winfrey's stage name. I was then laughed at for ages by my co-workers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 107
You deserved it 58 241

Top comments

perdix 29

No, they are two different people. Oprah Winfrey is the daughter of Sidney Poitier and Josephine Baker, and Whoopi Goldberg is the love child of Eartha Kitt and Richard Nixon. Now that you know this, impress your co-workers with these golden nuggets of knowledge.

No, but ever noticed how Clark Kent looks awfully familiar when he takes of his glasses?

Comments

LOL xD! No one insults zeh whoopi and gets away with it! D:

KarinaLizeth18 5

bwahahaha Never heard of Google? How do you confuse Whoopie & Oprah?

I would have laughed too- major league stupid

If I had made that mistake, I would have laughed along with them. I don't really see this as being FML material.

mooimafish 0

Wow. Okay, black people DO NOT look the same. Racist bitch.

tcordell 0

number 7...you can give yourself an epic fail just for using that term...

twinny_sc 13

35, calm down. That doesn't make him a racist for thinking all black people look alike. I think all white and Asian people look alike, and I'm not a racist.

thaprince1226 0

#35 how does that make her racist just because op thought they look the same. stfu

godlybacon 5

Lol. I thought everyone knew that old Whoopi was Caryn Johnson.

perdix 29

No, they are two different people. Oprah Winfrey is the daughter of Sidney Poitier and Josephine Baker, and Whoopi Goldberg is the love child of Eartha Kitt and Richard Nixon. Now that you know this, impress your co-workers with these golden nuggets of knowledge.

RedPillSucks 31

Eartha Kitt was bangin' in that cat woman suit!!! Whoopi, not so much.

perdix 29

Yeah, she got more of the Nixon genetics, yuck.

you found out today? that laughed at you for ages? what are you saying

ahaha 9 good point very funny! but it automatically adds the today part!

To do something for ages ≠ years. It can simply mean a very long time, like the rest of the day.

FYLDeep 25

Ages always sounds stupid cause it's not a well defined unit of time.

katelynjoy 0
FYLDeep 25

I wouldn't give a rats ass about either one of them if I lived in Canada.

Oh...Cause.Canadians don't watch TV or American programming.....they also don't EVER get to see American made movies like the rest of the world either? You and the OP have got to be the biggest dumbfucks ever.

FYLDeep 25

To be honest I don't really care about the daytime talk show host and washed up comedic actor right now. I just know enough to tell the difference between the too. I wasn't generalizing celebrities, I really don't care about these specific ones. Although there are certainly a lot more on the list.

No, but ever noticed how Clark Kent looks awfully familiar when he takes of his glasses?

zebrapattern 6

ydi for thinking all black people look the same