My ears!

By PoorMe - 22/02/2013 13:06 - United States

Spicy
Today, I muted the TV just in time to hear my mom yell at my dad about how their sex life is "non-existent". FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 631
You deserved it 4 722

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's better than hitting mute and hearing a very loud sex life from your parents!

Comments

perdix 29

Hurry up and un-mute the TV before Dad presents his rebuttal to her thesis!

"******** ARE PART OF A SEX LIFE, JUDITH!" "******** DO *NOTHING* FOR MY PLEASURE, MICHAEL!" OP: oh god whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

FYL because you didn't want to hear about their sex life, or FYL because your parents relationship is withering away?

MooseKnuckle5150 13

F your mom's life. Someone needs to.

Better than hearing them talk about how great their sex life is.

why? don't you think its better to know your parents are still happy together?

Wow that's somehow horrible for you. OP: "Oh No! My parents aren't having sex! Now I won't get to walk in on it!"

A good sex life is a huge factor in a relationship. OP is concerned that their relationship could be falling apart.

While I can see that being a valid reason, if he didn't say it, it's sort of a toss up as to why it's an FML. I assumed it was just because he heard his parents talking about sex.

Why did you mute the TV in the first place?

Commercials, phone call, heard-a-noise-in-the-kitchen, etc.

voveraite 7

To the folks who said that it is better that OP did not hear sounds hinting to the contrary: I don't know, it is quite a selfish perspective to put a temporary embarrassment above another person's continued unhappiness (yes, people can be happy without it, but yelling about it kind of implies otherwise..). And of course parents cand talk and act about sex in their own house, child there or not, provided some discretion is at hand and the child was taught some privacy boundaries too. I find it hard to believe so many of you prefer "innocent" eyes/ ears to a content and harmonious atmosphere in the family.