My body hates me

By Pain_intolerant - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, I caught my finger in a sliding door. It made me pass out and give myself a concussion. My genetics would rather slam my face into the floor than deal with a pinched finger. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 987
You deserved it 5 091

Top comments

Your brain is trying to save you from the pain of pinching a finger. You should be grateful rather than complain about the fact that your brain is obviously smarter than you are. Wait, what?

Comments

sportyfreaK15 0

Ahhh I hate that I did that when I was 3 and had to get 3 staples =/

It's gene pools like that that make me want to laugh my ass off at the theory of "survival of the fittest". 3 million years of evolution proceeded the OP, who reacts to the situation the same way moth does with a lit match.

"It's gene pools like that that make me want to laugh my ass off at the theory of "survival of the fittest". 3 million years of evolution proceeded the OP, who reacts to the situation the same way moth does with a lit match." That makes no sense because passing out from pain is in no way the same as being attracted to fire. I've never seen a moth pass out from being near a lit match. I also run on the assumption that when a match is lit the OP doesn't come running to circle around it.

I thought "blacking out" was another term for fainting...

that's not your genetics... you're just a wimp :)

your genetics? lil dramatic. ya mean your inability to deal with pain.

"I didn't think I'd have to explain this....my fainting is genetics as it's passed through via matriline meaning my mother, grandmother and so on have this condition in which our bodies will temporarily "shut itself off". It's a medical condition passed down through genes....aka genetics. Oh also, I'm a girl." The OP posted a few comments above you. You should probably read such things before commenting because what they said makes sense.

StormGirl142 24
awardZu 0

Genetics have nothing to do with you being a pussy.

I don't think your genetics have anything to deal with that...

If you scroll up a bit and read comment #61 you will see that the OP gave a perfectly valid explanation as to why her genetics are to blame.

She only said it was a condition passed from mother to daughter. But she didn't explain what "genetic" caused he condition. She didn't even give the name of her condition :(

Perhaps it's a condition that causes some more embarrassing problems than passing out and the OP doesn't feel the need to share that fact. If they put the name of the condition up everybody and their chicken would scurry off to Google it and that would just open the flood gates for horrid things.

All I'm saying didn't give a "perfectly valid explanation as to why her genetics are to blame" at all. I was just disagreeing with you by pointing it out ^^ Maybe OP have something like "vagal fainting", but I'm not totaly sure it's caused by genetics (only a predisposition), and it's certainly not a "mother to daughter" disease.

Just have to point out the OP did not necessarily say it was condition which could only be passed through mother to daughter, just that in the case of her family that was how it was being passed down.

I'm actually kind of jealous of the OP because all the women in my family up to and including myself, throw up as a reaction to large amounts of pain. Doctors said it's a normal thing to have happen and that we should be grateful not to be the types that pass out but personally I would rather pass out than vomit.

ShawnCrain1 0