You dingdong!

By Anonymous - 15/11/2020 13:58

Today, I was copying an assignment from my friend and was feeling confident that I was gonna pass. I later found out I copied his name too, so the teacher failed us both. He won't talk to me now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 144
You deserved it 2 260

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You deserve it. Do your own work and stop being a leech.

Good thing I don't have the habit of pressing the "You deserved it" button. In this case, I might have pierced my phone with my finger.

Comments

Good thing I don't have the habit of pressing the "You deserved it" button. In this case, I might have pierced my phone with my finger.

You deserve it. Do your own work and stop being a leech.

samomaha 17

Wow. Just . . . wow. I have no idea what to say to so incredibly ridiculous a fail.

You'd have failed anyway, if you copy word for word it's bound to be noticed lol

Sady_Ct 37

I had a ‘friend’ do this to me. Huge breach of trust. She did this for an assignment for a diploma where they failed us both, for the whole course, which we had paid for, and to complete my diploma I had to pay AGAIN and spend the next six months doing the course AGAIN. You are a dick.

bobsanction 18

You should take one for the team and tell the teacher that you did it alone so your friend doesn't get screwed by your stupidity.

Apart from the obvious factor that you even included your friends name and no doubt the copy was word for word, the purpose of assignments is to learn the material being taught. Simply copying someone else’s work does not provide you the learning experience that doing your own work does. Believe it or not, the purpose of these classes and assignments is to teach you the subject and how to think about the material in a logical way to come to your own conclusions. The purpose is not just to check off the boxes in your teacher’s grade book. You are cheating yourself out of an education when you cheat on your assignments. Furthermore teachers have seen it all before - word for word answers means at least collaboration and probably cheating. I’ll bet you though that the teacher never saw anyone so dumb as to include the name of the person they copied off of. No doubt the teacher showed that one to the other teachers and they had a good laugh.

I’m a first year teacher, and I’ve had this happen. Multiple times. And we’ve only been in school for 3 months.

YDI. You cheated; now you’re facing the consequences. You’re lucky you’re just getting a failing grade. In most schools, cheating and plagiarism is an expulsive offense.

Well it wasn't the lesson you were supposed to learn, but at least you've hopefully learned something. Same goes for your friend, who was also complicit in this. After all, he agreed to let you copy his work, so he should apologize for letting you be a part of his stupidity, and you should apologize for being equally as stupid, and also for being a cheating little turd.

xxlk4xx 6

well hopefully you learned your lesson! I had an awful time in school and still didnt copy off of people! if you're having that much trouble then ask your teacher for help.