Miserable

By myworstday - 05/04/2016 01:36 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I was let go from an unpaid internship. The reasons cited was that I seemed unhappy at work. No, that's just my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 896
You deserved it 2 004

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sorry to hear OP. My boss threatened to fire me for the very same reason a month ago. When I tried to describe what "Resting Bitch Face" is to him, he accused me of making it up just to confuse him...

Comments

Axel5238 29

Sorry OP, but Corporations want someone who looks like they are happy to be there. RBF is not a thing and you can't honestly expect a boss to accept that as a reason. Lots of jobs people don't want to be there but they have to keep a positive attitude.

RBF is absolutely a thing and you can expect a boss to accept that as a reason. Not smiling is not a good reason to be fired. In a proper world with proper rules and regulations, that boss would have his ass carved a new one for firing someone for such a petty reason.

Rbf is definitely a thing. Whoever says its not obviously has never had or encountered it.

hellobobismyname 24

RBF is definitely a real thing. It's either the way the mouth turns downwards or the arch on the eyebrows, and even bone structure and how the eyelids look in a neutral position. Any of these can give you an unhappy or unapproachable appearance when you are not consciously contorting your face into another expression, even if you are the happiest, most positive person in the world.

don't let it bother you too much. I have RBF also.

I ts illegal to fire you because of facial expression if "looking happy" wasn't in your job description. There are million reasons other that dislike of the job to be and look unhappy. Did they even ask if your goldfish was ok?

BabyCakes818 16

I have the same issue but surprise everyone!

That is no reason at all to fire someone and I'm sure you were probably just thinking. However, I personally don't like when some people act like they don't want to be on a job and takes it out on the costumers. I wish and hope that you will get another internship soon!

They certainly SHOULD be at least. It's tantamount to indentured servitude.

Adam ruins everything! But this is in the uk i dont know what their laws are.

I'm gonna go off on a limb and say you're a woman.

Oh my god as a fellow resting bitch face that is terrible :// people don't understand

vintageart1994 16