Miserable

By myworstday - 05/04/2016 01:36 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I was let go from an unpaid internship. The reasons cited was that I seemed unhappy at work. No, that's just my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 896
You deserved it 2 004

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sorry to hear OP. My boss threatened to fire me for the very same reason a month ago. When I tried to describe what "Resting Bitch Face" is to him, he accused me of making it up just to confuse him...

Comments

hellobobismyname 24

Me: >:( What people think I'm thinking: "Who should I murder today?" What I'm actually thinking: "I have to buy eggs."

Dang that's what my friend told me when we were sitting on the couch.....

I hate how being too serious is a reason to be let go...I had the same issue

I feel ya, OP. People used to laugh at me all the time because my facial expression never matched my tone of voice.

I know that feeling. However, I have "Resting Bored Face" - while interning myself, I had to tell my mentor that I was actually bored and spacing out, but my head was actually abuzz with ideas and such :P

Maybe it's a stupid thing to think, but in my opinion, if you really like the work you do, your facial expression will be happier automatically. Normally, I have a RBF as well, but I love my job and helping patients, which makes my RBF disappear (at least a little ;) ). Just what I think.

Resting Bitch Face... The struggle is real?

I get this said to me often as well OP. Some people walk around looking like they just won the lottery all the time and some are just more serious. Ive had people ask me whats wrong when im actually having a great time, its just facial expression. Try smiling more, I did that for awhile and it became a habit. Kind of sucks that you have to fake it to make it but we live in a world where you have to be ridicilously obvious for people to not take you the wrong way.

That really sucks. Im sorry op. Can't really help you with the internship but I might be able to help with the facial expression. Try going from a smile to a kiss as fast as you can a couple minutes a day. It confuses the brain and kind of resets it so you become more expressive.

You SEEMED unhappy? And they didn't take the time to talk to you to see if you WERE unhappy? They didn't have regular supervisions where they could have brought this up?? That is either illegal or extremely poor management.