Walk or shame

By Anonymous - 24/08/2015 04:25 - United States - San Francisco

Spicy
Today, my husband and I locked our keys in the car. Our only spare is in the drawer with all our sex toys. So we either had to get our oldest go in the drawer and get them to bring to us or walk the 12 miles home. My feet will never recover from that walk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 071
You deserved it 27 259

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Okay that sucks but did you really have to put the spare in a sex toy drawer? Shouldn't you have put it somewhere more accessible?

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Distance doesn't matter if you are in bad shoes for the given terrain, or if you are just in bad shoes.

tantanpanda 26

uh, that IS far. If you walked at 3 mph, it would take 4 hours TO GET HOME, making the round trip 8 hours.

Winterborn253 7

If the shoes were that bad I believe a cab ride might be in order.

Do you know how impossible it is to get a cab in California?

I would have walked too. Brings a whole new definition to the 'walk of shame'.

Okay that sucks but did you really have to put the spare in a sex toy drawer? Shouldn't you have put it somewhere more accessible?

leogachi 15

@2 That's what I was thinking. This FML doesn't seem real. And like someone else said, they could have taken a taxi or bus. I just don't buy it.

I agree, I don't understand why a sex toy drawer out of all places.

chrisbeaudoin 26

Whats with all the fml's today everyone deserves it.

Might've been a key that vibrates when you click it... In that case it was sorted accordingly

What's the best place to hide your car keys so your kid doesn't go for a joyride?

Sex drawer is very accesible though

(Didn't realize this was going to be a duplicate comment of one below. Nothing to see over here...!)

The sex drawer needs to be easily accessible. Duh

Where's the one place a kid wouldn't dare to go looking for stuff...

umm, if the child is old enough to bring the keys to you then it is probably old enough to handle some sex toys. I don't see the big deal.

Completely agree. I'm assuming the child is old enough to drive. Yes it would be awkward, but it can be dangerous to walk on very busy or deserted streets. I would have called them.

He/she may be able to handle seeing them. But would you really want to know what your parents do and use behind closed doors? I would not.

I don't thing age is much of a factor here. I never want to see my mother's "toys" ever again. I was an adult when I saw them on accident and years later, I'm still scarred.

addisonrose12 16

I guess it all depends on special factors. I'd NEVER want to see something like that, but I'd do it for my mom because she has bad feet problems (bunions, plate and screws, arthritis, etc). She walks a lot anyways (not 12 miles of course), but if it kept her from pain, I'd do it.

That's gross. Do you know where it's been? That would also kind of ruin my whole childhood.

Do you know where you come from? You've touched your mamma there before....even if you don't remember it. Yeah, it's your mom and kinda weird. But you're not very good to your parents if you won't go through that to save them from a 12 mile walk.

PePziNL 20

Just tell the kid it's in that and that drawer, without mentioning sex toys. Trust me, he or she isn't going to bring it up, ever.

There is also a massive difference between your non-sexual birth and sifting through your moms used anal beads and dads **** ring. And lets not leqve out Rodger The Strap-On for Strap-On Sundays.

lmao I found my mom's "special" drawer when I was like 10 and I thought it was hilarious. nothing to freak out about.

ThePandoricaOpen 18

Bus service might not have been available in that area.

ShannonBitt 29

There's a good chance they weren't stuck in the city (or anywhere there happens to be buses running). Although I think calling a taxi would be a valid option in many places as long as it wasn't in the middle of the night.

Well, if those sex toys are involved, you wouldn't be able to walk for an entirely different reason.

rdenkewicz 11

Do you use your spare keys as a sex toy?

Depends how old the oldest is... And how were they were going to get it to you anyway

Why would you say they aren't good parents? Because they have a sext toy drawer? Because they seem to have a healthy sex life!?!?! There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, at all. The only thing that they did wrong was to put the spare house keys in that drawer. And that does NOT make them bad parents!!!

Why would you say they aren't good parents? Because they have a sext toy drawer? Because they seem to have a healthy sex life!?!?! There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, at all. The only thing that they did wrong was to put the spare house keys in that drawer. And that does NOT make them bad parents!!!

ShannonBitt 29

I don't think #11 was necessarily calling them bad parents. They were probably saying they're good parents in a way because they chose to walk instead of scarring their child by making them go into their sex toy drawer.

dafluckster 6

Who said they were bad parents? Because of the toys or anything else? Calm down.