Manchild

By beeee - 26/07/2010 04:03 - Australia

Today, I moved in with my boyfriend. Up until now, I thought my cat was the only four year-old I had to deal with. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 330
You deserved it 12 553

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pretty sure she could be saying he has a 4year old ?

You must have jumped into this relationship too soon if you really didn't know he acted like that. Next time actually get to know the person before committing to such a big step. You 2 deserve each other.

Comments

Haha, maybe you shouldn't move in with him..

KEDI!!!! cats and kids are the same. you feed them. give them water. clean up after them. brush them. when you get bored of them, send them :D move out or deal with it.

rodstayposted 0

really? this fml gets posted and the ones I submit (which are acually funny) don't? FML

Shookitup 0

give him MW2 and leave him in a room ^.^

LauraTheKiwi 0

...your boyfriend is four? social services to the rescue

if youre unhappy, leave. dont drag it on. youre making yourself miserable by not leaving so therefore you deserve it. find a man.

ChelseaXD 0

27--maybe her boyfriend has a fouryear old child?

Mumbellosity711 0

lol that's logic right there

if ur movin in with him maybe u should know that he actually has a kid. ur not the brightest crayon inthe box if ur movin in with someone u barely know. YDI

... he doesn't have a kid. he IS a kid. but seriously, he's just four, relax and give him time to grow up

haha I'm kinda happy I moderated this one

Anaxes 5

For clarification: The OP is saying that the boyfriend is BEHAVING like a 4 year old, not that he HAS a 4 year old.

lickmyjock 0

I'm playing the smallest violin ever, just for you...,

You must have jumped into this relationship too soon if you really didn't know he acted like that. Next time actually get to know the person before committing to such a big step. You 2 deserve each other.

For real. You could be surprised by small things that didn't come up until living together ('You eat bacon and eggs every single day??' 'You use body wash as shampoo??') but to be surprised by his personality makes no sense. Have you known each other for, like, a week?

spartan_girl 0

spending a few nights together before making the commitment of moving in together is a good way to find out some of these things too...but I agree, if the OP means that her boyfriend acts like a 4 year-old, either he's a really good actor when they're out in public, or she just didn't notice when they were only spending a few hours together. I think some people rush into living together, and it doesn't usually end well. I'm not saying you should be married before you live together, but I think if you are moving in with someone that you potentially want to marry, you should make sure you're ready for whatever living together brings out in both of you, or things will probably end badly, and someone will have to find a new place to live.

xACIDDx 0

I think the OP meant that her boyfriend has a child. But who knows. There's one big "What If" in this FML

60: I don't think that's what's going on here. I'm pretty sure he's just acting like a kid. In re the previous replies: Yeah, definitely sounds like she could've picked up on this sooner. I took it more to mean he's a slob, doesn't eat well, doesn't pay his bills on time, etc., since those things are more easily hidden or missed than general immaturity. Still, she should've made a point to find out that stuff, just like you would with any (unassigned) roommate.

pretty sure she could be saying he has a 4year old ?

No, OP obviously means her boyfriend acts like a four year old. Pretty sure she would have known before if he had a kid.

Actually that is is what I think number 5. This is not very clear.

hahaha I think this fml would be better if he had a real four year old living with him she hadta deal with ;) son, brother? whatever lol.

Or a 4 year old cat of his own. Whichever makes you happiest. Very well set up open ending there.

Shookitup 0

no, she's saying that her boyfriend acts like a four year old.

cats are the devil. get a fish, they are so more dependable and little or no attatchment involved. and maybe you should try a girlfriend on for size, go down that road see where it goes, in that case maybe three puddies could get along.

maybe we like attachment....but seriously, get a dig! I don't see fish playing frisbee!

I just noticed, almost a full year later, that I misspelled dog. Awesome.

I'm confused - are you saying he acts like a kid? Or that he has a 4 year old son he never told you about? If the latter then FYL for having a boyfriend who is really good at lying about important stuff, but if it's just that he's immature then YDI for not realising what he was like beforehand.